Base price of listing and calendar price are different

Filipa71
Level 2
Bratislava, Slovakia

Base price of listing and calendar price are different

Hi everyone,

I am quite shocked to find out that the base price defined in my listing does not apply to the days in the calendar.

I found about this yesterday while experimenting to use the `Smart price` feature. I pressed it and airbnb changed all the prices of my listing according to their algorithm. I was just curious of what were the prices and I wanted to try. I immediatelly realized the prices are far too low and I went back to the pricing setting, disabled `Smart pricing` and setup my base price again to the value I wanted.

After a few hours I got a request with a very low price, I realized the price was not changed to the base price I defined. After a couple of minutes another request with the wrong price.

At first I thought I didn't save the base price but I did. I contacted support to tell them the price is not updating and how can they help me.

They told me I updated the base price but I did not update the price in the calendar.

I have been in contact with them until now and I still do not understand why I have to go to the calendar and change the price there as well. I have searched all documentation and found nothing, I have asked the support to point me to documentation about this and they say there is nothing.

I am really dissapointed with the way the platform works regarding the price settings and also very disappointed with the support.

Did anyone had the same problem? Would be great to see if this is a common issue amongst hosts.

I am adding 2 screenshots to illustrate better what I am talking about. As you can see in the first image the base price is 25 EUR and in the second image, the calendar shows 11 or 12EUR mostly everywhere.

Screenshot from 2019-11-04 16-28-28.pngScreenshot from 2019-11-04 16-29-23.png

Thank you in advance.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Filipa71 

With "Smart pricing" you enter an lower and upper limit. If you want the prices never go below your base price, then set lower limit to this base price. Please note Smart Pricing can also be turned of for certain periods or even specific dates (those dates will have the base price set by you, so then you have a mixture of "Smart Pricing" and "normal pricing").

If you totally turn off the feature "Smart  pricing" (in the pricing section of your listing), all dates will return to the base price set by you (or to the custom prices set by you in the calender, if any).

I wondered: did you activate "Price Tips" instead of "Smart pricing"?

If you activated Price Tips, then the prices will not be reset to the base price if you change your mind.

HI, thank you for the explanation. I believe I activated "Smart pricing", I even cannot find the "Price Tips" setting that you mention. Where is that?

I remember going to the pricing section and disabling the "Smart pricing", I put my "Base Price" back but my calendar was not updated, as you can see in the screenshots.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Filipa71 

Urghh so annoying. 
‘honestly get ahold of Airbnb again and ask them to manually do this- I have heard twitter is very helpful. To avoid bookings at these low prices maybe turn off IB (if currently on). 

From my recent experience Airbnb are having issues with both their app and site... this could be it.

Good luck to you! 🙂

I’m having an issues with the platform changing my base price. I have it set for $125, but when you search my location , without selecting dates, it reflects $168. I contacted customer support, I’ve spoken with two reps, neither was able to explain their pricing policy.Very frustrating.