Becoming a super host and getting to Level 10

The-Urban0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Becoming a super host and getting to Level 10

Good afternoon fellow beautiful hosts, 

I am so excited and honoured to now be apart of this platform. I am new to the platform and wondered if any of you fellow hosts would be kind enough to give me some tips on how to become a super host and get to level 10 as soon as possible? I am a full time host, and want to provide my guests with a comfortable, warm, exciting stay while staying at The Thames. 

Please let me know guys, 

Thank you all:)

Chanel

27 Replies 27
ONERüF0
Level 7
United States

HI,  Do you have a link to your listing?  How to get super host...provide a great place with amazing amenities and make sure your guests are loving what you are doing.  Beds/bedding/towels of good quality, coffee (or tea in the UK)...etc.  Drive 5 star reviews and you will attain rockstar status quickly. 

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

No idea what this levels 1-10 are based on. Looks like they are based on the number of posts.

About the superhost...your guests will decide about it. If you have 5 star ratings constantly...it will happen very soon.

Chanel don't try and keep up with the Jones's... Some people here are obsessed with Posting numbers. Some people Post worthless replies just to get to a level 10 or become a top poster, don't worry about that. Just be a good host and keep your place clean and everything will fall into place, be nice to your guests and your guests will give you good reviews.

The-Urban0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Nina, thank you for your advice.. Yes, I just want to provide my guests with an excellent experience and also get good reviews. 

Thanks Nina:)

Chanel

100% correct Nina! : )  @The-Urban0  I was Super host once back to Two years ago...(It was a hard work to get the Super host Title. But also it was a easy down to the Normal state due to a few Dishonest guests's reviews/ratings) etc. My hosting experience since 2014 that I have learned "Don't worry an about the Super host title but be a Good and Kind Host"!

Thank you so much! I like the sound of that.

The-Urban0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Also, please see the link below for a link to my listing: 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/38504517?check_in=2019-09-11&check_out=2019-09-12&source_impression_i...

I would sincerely appreciate any advice tips for my listing:) 

Thank you beautiful hosts. 

The cactus! I have the same, but twice bigger. Don't keep this thing in the house, where your guests stay. Believe me, it's not a good idea.

And don't keep the clean towels on the toilet seat cover. Make another photo.

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@The-Urban0: My advice would be do not use Instant Book until you have a solid grasp of hosting. Have a back and forth with your guests prior to a booking confirmation. It has sometimes helped us determine if our place is even the right fit for a guest. That can make all the difference between a good and bad review. Best of luck.

Im loving all the advice. Im new to hosting and have instant book but how do you actually sus someone out without being rude or intrusive? 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@The-Urban0 The levels on this forum don't mean anything- they have nothing to do with hosting, or expertise and there are zero perks attached to it. It only relates to activity on this forum-numbers of posts, numbers of thumbs-up.  

You can easily see the criteria for Superhost by going to your Progress page, then click on Opportunities, then the Superhost box.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@The-Urban0, to achieve Superhost:

1.  Be prompt in your communications with guests - respond to all requests and enquiries within 24 hours. Make sure you have the Airbnb app downloaded on your phone as then you are instantly notified of new requests.
  2. Never cancel anyone (in extenuating circumstances, always try to get Airbnb to do it for you).
  3. Provide an awesome place with great service for good value to maintain at least a 4.8 overall rating.

You will need to be hosting for a while before you can get Superhost (at least 10 bookings). It is automatically evaluated every quarter.

Level 10 means nothing - just that you are active in this forum.

I agree with @Barry-and-Lera0 - I would disable Instant Book until you get a handle on it. You really want to screen your guests first, especially since you are offering a separate place. Happy hosting!

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

Your place is lovely! I have no doubt good reviews and SuperHost will follow. So much of it is about communicating what you offer, what you don't, and delivering on that.

A few things:

1. Consider changing your calendar settings so they aren't open by default. Two reasons for this: 1) You can typically raise your rates after you build a good reputation with reviews. Right now I could book next summer at $175 (pounds sterling). Better to open those dates in the winter when you have some reviews and find you can charge $300+. 2) you'll learn a lot from hosting your first guests and may want to change house rules, amenities, etc.
  2. I was going to say 2-night minimum, but looks like you just changed that! Good idea. 1-nights are exhausting to manage.
  3. Put a max stay (I'd suggest 7 days) for the first months you're operating. That's because you get a "new listing" bump in the search results for a short period (6 weeks?) and you want to build lots of reviews in this short time. Better to have many short bookings than longer ones. Good and frequent stays result in better search placement results and hopefully earning SH faster.

Also, don't focus too much on SuperHost. It's the natural outcome of good hosting. Find small things you can do to make the stay special for guests, especially as it relates to the area of Oxford you're hosting. (For example, we host in a northern vacation area - campfires are popular and we leave a nice tray of S'mores fixings for guests to enjoy around our fire pit.)

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@The-Urban0  Your photo gallery is very nicely staged. However, you have quite a few small breakable items around-the little elephant, the glass box, the pineapple sugar bowl (not sure that's what it is), a vase that looks easily tippable. If those things are inexpensive and easily replaceable and you wont mind if they get broken, then no biggie. But anything that's precious to you shouldn't be in an airbnb- guests aren't necessarily careful with things. The fewer small, breakable items, the better. 

The 2 photos I'd redo are the small bedroom- it looks like there was a mark on the camera lens and where it shows up on the photo makes it look like there's a stain on the wall.

And also, as another poster mentioned- what's with the clean towels piled on the toilet? Of all the places to stack towels, that's about the worst placement imaginable.