Becoming a super host and getting to Level 10

The-Urban0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Becoming a super host and getting to Level 10

Good afternoon fellow beautiful hosts, 

I am so excited and honoured to now be apart of this platform. I am new to the platform and wondered if any of you fellow hosts would be kind enough to give me some tips on how to become a super host and get to level 10 as soon as possible? I am a full time host, and want to provide my guests with a comfortable, warm, exciting stay while staying at The Thames. 

Please let me know guys, 

Thank you all:)

Chanel

27 Replies 27
Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

A few other things...

Add a night table and lamp to the twin bedroom.

You're using most of the "The Space" to talk about nearby attractions. I'd put less emphasis on this and more on your listing.

Your house rules:

You don't need to re-state the no smoking, pets, or events because the check-box items already show those.

One house rule I'd recommend, even for people who don't want many rules: "Only registered guests are allowed on the property." Add "Please ask before bringing any other visitors" if you're open to more.

Because here's what happens...someone brings 14 guests to your place and your neighbors complain about noise. You go to address it and find 2x the people. Sure seems like a party to you! The guests say "Oh, these friends are just stopping by for a bit". Airbnb will say "unless they're sleeping over we can't do anything". This rule makes it clear and enforceable - and very hard to have a big party.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @The-Urban0 

Why do You want to be a superhost?

What do You think are the benefits of being a superhost?

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@The-Urban0 

The levels displayed on this forum have nothing to do with hosting quality. The more posts You publish on this community center (that's where we are right now) the higher You move in levels.

I don't know what the tiers are, but I have published 3500 posts an now I'm level 10.

@Ute42 Great job with over 3500 posts! I wonder why CC administrators do not put you in the top contributors lists because you have much more than 3 of the top contributors in the lists.

@Alice595 

I am the No. 1 contributor in the german CC, but the top contributor ranking does not work the way You think it works. To get there, the number of thumbs ups are counted someone got in the last 30 days.

If You have nothing important to say like I have, the best way to get to the top is to place a little joke here and there.

@Ute42 Oh. Now I understand. Thumbs up in the last 30 days are the main ranking factor. I thought that they were hand picked by the Administrator.

@Alice595 

They are the only ranking factor, it's an automated system.

Handpicking comes into play if the administrators delete a post You have published.

In this category I am also No. 1 in Germany.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Ute42 

Come on now Ute 😉 You know posts are removed if they are considered to not be inline with Community Guidelines. 

It's great to have you here @Alice595 and @The-Urban0 ! Really looking forward to seeing you continued contributions.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ute42  Congratulations! You go girl! I wonder if Airbnb will send you a chinzy key chain for that. Maybe even a wall plaque. After all, behavior above and beyond the call of duty should be acknowledged. Not only do I find your posts highly entertaining, often with many laugh out loud moments, I also find it entertaining to see how many people don't "get" sarcasm and think you're being dead serious all the time.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Sarah977 - As a Brit, I'm well up for a bit of dry humour and sarcasm 🙂 

Just got to remember it's not always obvious in text format. 

Cheers,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Luis2928
Level 2
Chino Hills, CA

I to would like to know how to become a super host

@Luis2928  Go into your hosting account, go to Progress, then Opportunities, then click on Superhost box there. You will see all the criteria required to get Superhost and how your present stats compare. It's pretty straightforward to see what you'd need to get higher scores on.

Luis2928
Level 2
Chino Hills, CA

I to would like to become a super host.