Bed linens

Gaetano-and-Odilia0
Level 3
Toronto, Canada

Bed linens

Hello,
We are new hosts and looking for some help. Anyone use the triple sheet system? We are offering hotel style bedding but I really like the quiltlets and matching pillows but concerned that quilts will get dirty and I don't have replacements. Please help.
19 Replies 19
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

You were not happy with the replies from last time? Yes, triple sheet if you like. Not everyone does.

The reason why I reposted this was because I coudnt find the originl conversation (I'm very new to this).  I never suggested in anyway that I wasn't happy with the replies.  I appreciate and respect the advice of all Hosts.  I apologize if my reposting offended anyone.

Ouch, Sandra. Unnecessary comment.

Tonia5
Level 1
Santa Rosa Beach, FL

We use a standard sheet and then a white down comforter with a white duvet. We keep two sets of linens and wash the white duvet between uses to ensure everything stays clean and soft.
City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

I don't know what triple sheets are.  We use a top and bottom sheet and a comforter with a duvet cover on it.  We turn down the top sheet when making the bed so the guest can see that they should sleep between the top and bottom sheets and not on top of the top sheet under just the duvet.  We don't wash the duvet cover unless it has a stain or seems grubby or has any kind of fragrance on it.  (Usually every third guest, sometimes more often, definitely if it was slept on at all.) This works well for us.

@City-Limits-Ranch0, triple sheets is the style you mostly get in hotels, with a fitted, a flat, a blanket and another flat, fold second flat over the whole shebang: Instant hotel!

Well said "City Limits Ranch" in relation to using a top sheet.  I like the doona cover to stay as clean as possible and feel that this is where this sheet comes in.

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

I'm not sure, but that sounds like it may require more laundry time than using a set of sheets and duvet cover.  I do use an "undersheet" underneath my fitted sheet to protect the mattress pad cover.  Of course, I wash the duvet covers after every use; I believe that is expected by most Guests, it certainly is expected by me.  I have a blanket between the duvet cover that covers a comforter, so Guests can sleep with just the blanket if they like, which I wash every 3rd Guest (or more often).  Good luck.

@Lois-and-Darryl0

just Google triple sheet bedding, and you'll even get explanations on how to properly make the bed with them.

It was new to me too (Europe) but seems like a good idea if I even get tired of getting the duvet cover on for and washing after each guest!

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

I forgot to mention, that I do have two extra full sets of linens for each bed, including the duvet cover.  You really should be prepared for an emergency - such as running out of cleaning time, or a guest checks in early, or checks out late.

Monica528
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Hello everyone, about to be a new host in Kissimmee FL close to Disney, I am very excited but super aware of the fierless competition!

Is there any host in this community from this area, that I can get tips from?

For example about bed linens, I know most guest in hotels get white sheets & towels, is there a difference if the lodging is a resort? 

Is anybody using pastel color sheets? 

Any feedback will be welcome! Thanks

Hello Monica.  Yes, most hotels, if not all use white linen on their beds.  I believe it has something to do with them being able to be laundered easily.  I have stayed at a place other than a motel but can't recall ever having anything other than white linen.  But I use whatever colour linen I have.  I alternate between poly/cotton for warmer weather and flanelette for the rest of the year as that's what I like.  As I don't have a heater in the guest room I feel it's crucial.  I also change the doonas over to the heavy woollen ones for the colder weather and put a electric blanket on the guest bed.  It's about the guest's preferences, they don't have to use it and of course some people don't like them.

Brett99
Level 2
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom

Sorry

www.1stclasslinen.co.uk 

very helpful and very reliable.

Found this...

https://vrserviceshub.com/triple-sheeting-vacation-rental/#

in summary it depends on length of stay and type of guest.