Bedding

Janice-And-Steve0
Level 2
Winnipeg, Canada

Bedding

Hello,

Recently I saw a reminder somewhere in airbnb that all hosts would be asked to provide bedding for all guests by July 2018.  Did anyone else see that?  Currently we provide bedding for the two beds and ask guests to bring their own bedding if they sleep on the two sofa beds.

If we provide sheets for all the beds we would definitely need to raise our prices.  We do provide

towels as well. Some of the listings in the air we host do not provide any bedding.

This link https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/576/what-are-airbnb-s-basic-requirements-for-hosts

does say that hosts are to provide bedding so what do you other hosts do?

Janice

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

It was in the system - in your profile for sure, @Janice-And-Steve0. And it's true - Airbnb want to increase standsards.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Not providing sufficient bed linens for the sofa beds means the guest must provide and if traveling via anything other than a car, this requirement will limit the type of traveler that you might appeal to, @Janice-And-Steve0.  So it might be best to have your nightly rate reflect the two bedrooms, i.e., 4 guests and then charge a small extra guest fee that will cover your cost for providing the bed linens for the sofa beds.   Hope this helps

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Janice-And-Steve0 Airbnb aren't asking, they are telling. All properties from July must provide a minimum number of sheets, towels, pillows and pillowcases per guest, otherwise they are threatening to remove the listing. Basically you must tick the Essentials box (really no point in having the box at all if we all have to tick it!) on your listing. I'm not sure whether they will enforce it as I know of many properties in holiday locations in Australia that are managed by property managers that state in the description that no linen is provided. Mind you, they also say that a bond will be required via credit card on arrival. As this is also agains Airbnb policies I can't see them actually enforcing them to provide linen either.

Corinne188
Level 6
Rocha, Uruguay

@Janice-And-Steve0  Hello Janice and Steve, so my thoughts on this.  I am one of the few hosts here in Aguas Dulces Uruguay who actually provides sheets, it is simply unheard of due to the volume of rentals we get each high season in our little beach town.  I ONLY provide enough sheets to accomodate the number of people who were listed on the reservation request (our house sleeps up to 8).  I think this is very fair, if they want to sneak in extra people (and this does happen) I have another rental attached to my home, as well I am not the type of host to constantly go "chat"with my guests and there is not enough sheets ah well sorry, I provided enough to accomodate your booking.  My huge issue with this update on the requirements is the towells.  I will cancel my listing before I provide towells to families who are spending the day on the beach using sun screen and in all probability leaving them on the sand.  I have my hands full enough washing, drying and folding linens in between reservations.  The towells for me are a deal breaker, its absurd.  Oh sorry, I also ASK the person I am corresponding with what beds do you plan on using?  This way I can ensure that the proper size sheets are provided.  Hope this helps in the sheets area and the other bit is just my two cents - even though Canada got rid of the cent 😉  A Canadian Expat