Before and after pics

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Before and after pics

I'm an enthusiastic interiors buff and renovating my house has been a long-term labour of love and, I realise now, will always be an ongoing project. I'd therefore be really interested to hear from other hosts who have renovated their Airbnb properties and see before and after pics if you have them, or just hosts who have plans and ideas for future projects.

To start it off, here is one of the guest rooms in my house, BEFORE:

4891_101897216882_3248926_n.jpg

and AFTER:

2nd floor.jpg

I still haven't finished tweaking this room yet (the painted wardrobes for example), so there may be updates to come.

Please share your projects and plans!

231 Replies 231
Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

Absolutely lovely.  You have exquisite taste!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Willow3!

Carol315
Level 1
Haumoana, New Zealand

Wow what a beautiful room. I'm sure your guests are just 'blown away'.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Carol315!

@Huma0 - so beautiful.  A lovely job!  

We've renonvated several homes in our past and we know the kind of labor of love that goes into restoring a location.  Bully for you for putting in the time and effort - it's really paid off.  

Thanks @Alice-and-Jeff0. I always thought your place looks lovely (and much more finished than mine!) and you have done such a nice job with the front garden too. Do you have any 'before' pictures? Was it a big renovation job?

Also, @Alice-and-Jeff0 I saw your post about paint colours on another thread. Any ideas for my bathroom (see pics in post below)?

It might seem a bit radical, but I'm toying with the idea of a deep green. I love the combination of this with pink, so think it might work with the pink mirror. Not so neutral for sure, but I'm feeling brave!

green.png

there's a dark green bathroom in the movie Conspiracy

Dark green and gold is very ROYAL!! try it...

@Huma0 - It would depend on what your intention is with the bathroom itself.  If you want to put on makeup and do your hair in there, dark green is a bad idea since it will make you appear sallow and unwell.  It won't be a pleasant experience and you will have to have some bright light fixtures. Now if it's a powder room, some place for a person to pop in and wash their hands, go for it!  It would be dramatic and charming.  A bath that you want to "get ready" in should have a softer color and preferably not in a grey tone like blue, teal, or beige.  All of those reflect off the mirror right only your face which will only amplify dark circles under your eyes or red patches.  Now, that's not to say you shouldn't use color, so going with the Pink/Green theme, go with a pink and put prints of green, green accepts, fluffy green towels.... imo, that would be beautiful!  

Thanks @Alice-and-Jeff0. Based on your advice, I think I'm going to skip the dark green in this room as it's the main bathroom, not a powder room. I remember hearing somewhere that green was a really bad colour for dining rooms, but I guess it applies to bathrooms for the same reason!

At the moment, it's grey, which seems to work well because there is plenty of natural light, but you're right, it does feel a bit cold.

@Huma0 - If you are planning to repaint the bathroom you posted pictures of, if you want a green, go take a look at SW Glimmer, SW Spinach White, or SW Queen Anne's Lace as suggestions.  

Thanks @Alice-and-Jeff0. I don't think we get that brand here, but I am sure there are equivalent colours from other brands. I tend to use Litte Greene. It's so expensive, but the quality and finish is just lovely.

@Huma0 - Sherwin Williams is an international company but sell in the UK under these names: http://www.sherwin-williams.co.uk/.  If you like the color, you can ask any paint place to color match anything you'd like, they should have a spectrophotometer that can help you.  Have them color match your skin - it's so cool and you wonder why women's make up does not use this technology. 

Hi @Alice-and-Jeff0, yes I'd heard of Sherwin Williams many times, but just on US blogs and never seen the paint in a store here (believe me, I look at paint a lot) so assumed you couldn't get it here. I've used colour matching quite a lot. Not sure how this works in the US, but here you have to have a physcial sample of the colour on paper or fabric for them to scan, otherwise they say they won't do it!

In my head, I've been drawn to dark, dramatic colours recently, although only one of the rooms in my house has a deep colour so far. So, I was thinking of a quite strong, rather than pale, green for the bathroom. This mood board (not mine) will give you an idea of the colour combination I was thinking of. I already have the big pink mirror and therefore added pink accents, so thought green would work well with that and the room is large with high ceilings, big windows with lots of natural light and of course all the white bathrom fittings, so I thought I could get away with it. However, your earlier comments re green in bathrooms has made me think twice!

01.png