Being a host is like being a slave to Airbnb

Sylvia-and-Levi0
Level 2
Oaxaca, Mexico

Being a host is like being a slave to Airbnb

I've been using Airbnb as a host for two years. It feels that over time, the app has grown a lot, but only in a way that benefits guests. Hosts are expected to give way too much assistance in my personal opinion. For example... what's the deal with this 48 hour grace period? It seems unfair that a guest can book and cancel two days before... the likelihood of the place being booked two days before is very low. It feels like the guest has too much power over the host. Guests can basically do whatever they want and hosts are increasingly becoming slaves of the Airbnb App. Does anyone else feel this way? Is there anything we can do about this?

4 Replies 4
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

That program has been postponed, in part because of the opinions of hosts here, who largely find it absurd (being too long) and perhaps proned to abuse by guests.

@Fred13  Postponed until May 1st, at least that's the message I am getting on the dashboard.  Pain delayed not nixed.   Have you heard otherwise?

No, thought it was being truly re-evaluated, so let us pray it is not automatically begun without sincere thought.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

This new 48 hour thing ONLY applies to STRICT cancellation policy. They will be giving anyone who books for more than 14 days in advance of their stay the option to canel free of charge for 48 hours after booking. Not cancel 48 hours before booking. At least that's how I read the new policy.