Being able to let potential guests the room is occupied in advance

Sandy2
Level 1
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

Being able to let potential guests the room is occupied in advance

How can I view a potential guest and let them know in advance that the room is occupied on the night/s they requested .I get a text message telling me I have a guest on a certain night when the room isn`t available for the date given.I ask this because I don`t want any cancellation fee or bad reviews.Can anyone help on this matter please?

2 Replies 2
Carol12
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

Create a calendar on Airbnb that says when your room is available.

Vicky0
Level 4
Norwich, United Kingdom

Hi I think you need to have a good read of the faq's around how the reservations work as what you have described is not possible unless there is a glitch,

log on and update your calendar to block out any dates you don't want to rent, people will then send you reservation requests which you need to accept or decline. They cannot send you requests for dates unavailable on your calendar. If you have instant book (if you do I recommend you turn it off until you are more familiar) then they can book without you approving but again, only on available dates in your calendar. 

I have texts enabled but they say 'Jo wants to say 20 dec for £xx reply accept ....

when end you get a text just go on the app or website and you can then look at your guests profile or message then for info if you want to. You then decline them or accept them.

Guests can still send enquiries for unavailable dates (I think) but they cannot book them