Best Integrated Smart Lock

Answered!
Charlie-And-Rob0
Level 3
Victoria, Australia

Best Integrated Smart Lock

Hi All,

I've read most of the strings and done quite a bit of searching but I'm yet to locate a good smart lock that fully integrates with AirBnB.  

My preference is for something that doesn't require another app and auto generates/distributes a code to the guest via the Airbnb app/communications.  Anyone seen anything/used anything that fits this profile?

Thanks.

Charlie

1 Best Answer
Heather649
Level 2
Kamloops, Canada

Hi, I would suggest that you investigate The Airlocking System.  I think it would satisfy all your requirements.  

Here is a cut and paste from their website:

THE AIRLOCKING SYSTEM:

INSTALL LOCK AND HUB:
AirLocking ships you a Smart lock system. You just need to connect the system to the internet and follow the straightforward instructions to install the lock.

GUESTS RECEIVE DOOR CODE:
AirLocking automatically emails your guests' door codes in advance of their trips along with other check-in information you wish to pass along. You are copied on these emails for your tracking.

LINK WITH AIRBNB CALENDAR:
AirLocking seamlessly links with your Airbnb calendar to track reservations. The AirLocking portal provides status information and allows you to control guest notifications.

LOCK UPDATED WITH CODES:
AirLocking enables the door code in the lock at check-in time and disables it after checkout time. AirLocking also allows you to have codes for your own use which are separate from the guest codes.

CHECK-OUT BUTTON: (Patent Pending)
Airlocking has added a new feature--a CHECK-OUT BUTTON. When guests leave, they are asked to push this button. Instantly, the Host is alerted to their departure and can proceed with Cleaning Services or Repairs.

Heather 649

View Best Answer in original post

78 Replies 78
Stuart4
Level 3
Hove, United Kingdom

Hello Charlie,

the Remotelock 6i from Lockstate does everything that you require. You can find a link to their site under the Host Assist tab on your dashboard.

kind regards, Stuart - smartlock

The problem with this one is the rating of the lock.   50% of the people on Amazon gave it "1 star."

But the concept is perfect.  I wish Schlage would do the same thing.

works for us great. very good system

Do you have difficulty with the time? For instance the 5i I have is giving access times to guest 1 hour off of the check in and out times. I'm not sure how to rectify that.

Out of interest, where you set to daylight savings time?

I have a lockstate lock on two of my properties. The concept is great in theory and they do integrate to Airbnb beautifully BUT... The locks are **bleep**. It randomly doesn't work and the motor in the lock is too weak. It will like barely shut the lock. They do have support but it's by email only and takes days to get back to you. I am also looking for another company. 

William

Did you end up finding a different company?  And would you recommend them?  I also have had enough from Lockstate and are looking elsewhere.

Steve

William, out of curiosity have you found another lock option you love?

You can do the same with Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, etc.

You'll need a Samsung Smartthings hub ($50-100) , the Schlage smart lock (ie Century, $200-250) and lastly you'll need to use RBoy's smartthings commercial app (one time $99 fee) http://smartthings.rboyapps.com

A little bit of setup required, helps if you are techy. There are instructions online and on their forum. I've been using this in my Airbnb rental property in Whistler BC and it's brilliant. I never program codes anymore. It analyzes the Airbnb calendar, sets the keypad code automatically to the last 4 digits of their mobile #. It even texts them the code before their stay. Automatically deleted codes upon set check out time. Truly amazing. 

Hey this is great news !!   I was wondering if Smarthings does the same as Vera?   We use Vera now to manually change the Schlage locks now, so it could replace Vera to Zwave locks and controllers and also is a wifi extender too if I'm understanding their system.   

Hello Jason

A newby here.

I just purchased the SmartThings Hub, Schlage smart lock and RBoy's commercial app. I've connected the locks and can control them remotely. I am having difficulty figuring out how to setup the Rboy App. I was able to copy the Rboy app code into the smarthings application, but I'm not sure that I did it correctly and I don't know what to do next. Are you able to shed some light on how to set it up within AirBnb?

I'll appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you very much

Hi Jane, Did you ever figure this out? Curious to know if you did and everything is working.

Thx, Scott

Jason in Whistler Canada, Would you be willing to help me a little with this? I’m not a tech savvy person but thought i would muscle through it since you recommended it so highly. I have a few questions for you as I’ve done the install and now have no idea what to do next etc. would you mind explaining or walking me through the setup of this app once I’ve installed it in the smart app and what if anything I need to do to make sure the door codes are generated for the guest?

Will it still work if you get a booking from HomeAway or Booking?