Beware of Turnkey Rentals now called Vacasa Texas

Beware of Turnkey Rentals now called Vacasa Texas

Just found out Turnkey Rentals has now changed to Vacasa Texas. Please beware this is still the same company with bad service. They are still doing bad business because I recently booked with them 12/31/21-1/3/22. I read all the reviews and they were all good with minor issues but after I had such a bad experience I started digging deeper and found so many bad stories in the community forums that are not being shown in the reviews. I just don't want anyone else to have an awful experience like we did. 

2 Replies 2
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Dianita2 ,

Thanks for sharing your experience here. I'm sure your perspective will be invaluable to your fellow Hosts.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

My property is managed by them and here is why:

1. I live out of state.  My mom lives near the property but is 80 so I don't expect her to clean the house etc.
  2. I tried and tried but could not find a reliable housekeeping service.  In the area there are lots of individual housekeepers but I felt like I could not depend on one person and needed a team or company with several housekeepers employed.  
  3. Even the indidual housekeepers would not do extra things like refill toilet paper, shampoo etc.
  4. If something were to happen while a guest was there, they can send a maintenance person in the middle of the night to fix something (another difficult to find service).
  5. There is a "boots on the ground person" who regulary checks on my property, will take the trash out if a guest did not do it etc.  

Vacasa takes a hugh chunk of my profit.  But I will say, my house is immaculate in terms of cleanliness.  My issues with them: I don't think they do much for me in terms of marketing, the photos they took are horrible and stretched out. I am paying out of pocket to take new ones with a photographer that I am hiring.  My property is gorgeous and I cannot imagine anyone being unhappy with their stay.  I had one guest who Vacasa relocated to my house because another property had an extended power outage.  Beyond that host's control, but something the guest should not have to deal with.  These guests, who did not originaly book my house, gave me a 5 star review.  

Again, if I could find reliable housekeeping and maintenace I would manage the marketing and other operations myself.  But I would not disparage every house on Vacasa because the experience is not universal.