Gifts from the Community Center moderators

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Gifts from the Community Center moderators

Are you aware that our CC moderators actually bribe us into staying loyal contributors!

Over the years every time I stray from the community for one reason or another, a gift turns up on my doorstep.

This folks is bribery, the CC moderators are trying to keep us loyal contributors with gifts.....they are putting a monetary value on who we are!!

It started a couple of years ago! @Lizzie sent me a wonderful assortment of gifts.....

IMG20190415140111.jpg

A really nice bottle of wine, some Harrods bickies,  a pair of tropical theme sox and a key-ring!

Over the next few months other enticements kept arriving at my doorstep with such frequency, I got on first name terms with the courier!

IMG20191101091453.jpg

Not just content with trying to buy my loyalty, one day Interflora turned up with a lovely bunch of flowers for Ade with a beautiful hand written note from those dastardly scheming moderators!

IMG20190710173822.jpg

IMG20190710165036.jpg

Every time it looked like I might falter and take my loyalties elsewhere.....another gift would arrive!

I got a lovely travel rug which  I can't show....it's in the guest  cottage and there are guests present just now.

But yesterday their last attempt at bribery arrived! A couple of commodious mugs with a nice hand written note, "We hope you enjoy this piece of Airbnb love"!

IMG20210518204924.jpg

And I guess that sums it up! Dealing with the Community Centre involves a fair degree of love for each other and for the wonderful guys who keep us on the tracks. In a hosting sense I would be nothing today without the wonderful help I have received over the years here on the CC.

Thanks @Lizzie  @Stephanie  @Quincy  @Nick  @Liv and to those we don't see as often these days @Kirstie   @Katie 

You all do a wonderful job and we are all so grateful you are here to support us!

Cheers........Rob

21 Replies 21
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Robin4 !

That piece of Airbnb love (the latest) is meant to say "Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!!" Grrr... 

I think I can name every event you received a gift for too 😛 

Thanks for sharing your swag collection!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Stephanie 

The only thing I have resisted the temptation to use is.....the Airbnb socks!

I look enough of a dork without drawing further attention to myself by sporting Airbnb clothing!

Everything has it's place in life, and Airbnb might belong in our homes but, it does not belong on the human body.....trust me!

Cheers.........Rob

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I gave them to my mum @Robin4 . She's worn holes through them these past 2 and a bit years! 

You're not in the market for some Airbnb undies than Rob?  🤣

-----

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Stephanie 

It's not about being in the 'market' Steph.....these things happily arrive on my doorstep, I don't have to buy them! And I keep on finding things .........

IMG20181004141741 b.jpg

Haven't managed to spot that Airbnb platinum Cartier watch yet though! !!

Steph, doing your job is one thing........ putting unnecessary thought into what you are doing to make someone elses day nicer......that's something else.

Thanks again guys.

Sorry you found my post title unsuitable, it's all tongue in cheek you know!

Off topic but Steph, can I please share this with the community. It came in on a LinkedIn feed the other day and I was overcome by it.....

Please be kind.png

We are all humans and just now times are unbearably for many, lets all be as kind to each other as we can!

Cheers........Rob

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Oh my Goodness @Robin4 ... Thank you for doing this. Its just what I would have done too and I find myself taking opportunities to validate others all the time.... but you have really hit the spot with this particular kindness . My goodness.... THANK YOU

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Robin4 I wept on reading your piece about the Indian tech support guy. Thank you so much for doing that. It was a fine example of how we can express our humanity. Thank you for offering leadership in how to be truly generous and to give of ourselves to others by just listening and being there.

I have a friend in India and am acutely aware of the targetting that has gone on there and the abuses of medical technology such as the one which caused the entire population of young girls between certain ages to die as a result in a remote village. The Indian High Court did get involved and there has been legal retaliation but the issues continue to remain complex.

Anyway Rob on a personal note I am aware that you continue to be upset with me and I regret that... however I still don't want to be called a possum....!! OK??? Please acknowledge!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Mary996 

Mary there is no way I am, or have been upset with you, I think you are a great contributor and are a fine asset  to the CC. 

My feeling is you may have taken a statement of mine the wrong way!

We all have our colloquialisms, and here in Australia to be called 'possum' is a term of endearment.....it is treating someone as a friend. 

There is a fine Australian Actor by the name of Barry Humphries who has adopted a couple of alter egos who you may be aware of,.....Dame Edna Everidge and (cultutal attache) Sir Les Patterson.

Dame Edna Everidge always refers to her audience as.....possums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inNDCUHDGtQ&ab_channel=Channel10Channel10

So the fact I referred to you that way means I respect you and would regard you as a friend......given the opportunity!

Mary, I am too old to make enemies!!!! I think you are great.

Cheers.......Rob

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

I think you are great too... and I really appreciate you! However I still don't want to be called a possum!! But Dear Friend would be lovely. I too seek friendship here and am very glad that we  are back on form!!

Loads of love and a myriad of appreciation xxxxxx

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Wow Rob. I am deeply touched by this. How kind!!!! 

You definely deserve appreciation for all your supportive and helpful posts to others on here.

That is so lovely Airbnb moderators  Thank you for acknowledging Rob and all that he does.

I second your thanks to the moderators: Thanks @Lizzie  @Stephanie  @Quincy  @Nick  @Liv and to those we don't see as often these days @Kirstie   @Katie 

Stephen1156
Level 10
Brogo, Australia

Mildly envious. There's some nice thought gone into some of those. Reward and recognition for involvement beyond the thanks of others.

I'm making an effort to be useful and involved around here, but not be overly nosy or noisy. As a relatively new host, I'm finding the community very helpful and friendly.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Stephen1156 

Keep doing what you're doing and it won't be long until you can don some Airbnb socks too 🤣

-----

😂Gold.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hey @Stephen1156 I see you and acknowledge you! Think you've been great.

You're very kind. Thank you.