Big Bear Cleaning Company

Margaret1115
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Big Bear Cleaning Company

Hello there,

My husband and I purchased a nice little cabin in Big Bear Lake in Moonridge last year and decided to start renting it out. Its a small 3 bedroom 1 bath cabin with a front and back deck. It has been quite the learning process and we've really enjoyed it but we have never been completely satisfied with our cleaning company. Finding a reliable company in Big Bear was our biggest challenge and we appreciated them taking us on as clients. But since the beginning it seems our place is always last, they go well past check-in time and the guest arrives in the middle of their cleaning, but mostly our guests always find things that aren't quite clean or things a previous guest left behind. Since taking them on we have had to credit multiple guests and live in fear of bad reviews. We manage our single property ourselves and having reliable cleaners would just be a great weight lifted off our shoulders. The one caveat is that we were unable to put a washer/dryer for laundry in our cabin, and it was exceedingly difficult to find a company that offered off-site laundry. Does anyone have any recommendations or honestly, advice or previous experience with an issue like this? We would appreciate it. 

12 Replies 12

@Margaret1115  This issue most often comes up when remote hosts assign too many hosting duties to their cleaners.

If you live too far to attend to the property between stays, I recommend employing a locally based co-host whom you can trust to uphold your quality standards. It's most cost effective if that person can also do the cleaning, but at the very least they should be able to coordinate the cleaning crew, inspect their work before the next check in, take inventory and report damages, repair or replace items that require maintenance, be available to guests who need assistance in person, and be your feet on the ground when, inevitably, someone throws an unauthorized party and needs to be removed.

Having a full-spectrum assistant costs more in the short term, but a good one can spare you from a lot of quality-control refunds, damage costs, and reputational damage, and help you attract better guests. 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Margaret1115   How much time do you allow between rentals?  If your cleaning staff is getting to you late or is out of time before the next guests arrive, you may want to add a day between rentals -- you don't have to communicate that fact to the cleaner, i.e., still assign them to clean as soon as a guest vacates.  This should give you the needed time to present a clean, welcoming property versus a hastily done, overlooked property.   I had to do this for one of my properties when my cleaner took on a full time job -- I wanted to keep her, so having the time for her to clean the evening of a departure/night before an aarrival was economically sound.  

Fatiha30
Level 2
Big Bear Lake, CA

Hi. I can help you, if you need help 

@Fatiha30 Or can you recommend a good cleaning company in the area ?

I need help with cleaning, can you help me?

Yes!!

@Fatiha30 it is not going to work unless you tag @Tigran17 in your reply.

Hello, I need cleaning in Big Bear 12/25/23 at 11:00am

Please call me if you are available to clean 12/25/23 at 11:00am, **

**[Contact details removed - Community Center Guidelines]

Hi Faith! I found you on the AirBnB host site.  I am looking for a reliable cleaner for my small cabin in Big Bear Lake.  Are you available?  Please text me at **

**[Contact details removed - Community Center Guidelines]

Hello,

please let me know if you are interested in helping with cleaning and management of a small cabin in big bear. 

thank you!

**[Contact details removed -  Community Center Guidelines]

Carla181
Level 2
Santa Clarita, CA

We’re you ever able to find a good cleaning service in Big Bear?