Billing Postal Code (required)

Answered!
Brendon0
Level 1
Randburg, South Africa

Billing Postal Code (required)

I am trying to make a payment and keep getting this error message, Billing Postal Code (required), please can someone help me Ive searched everywhere.

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Brendon0 What Airbnb is trying to do is determine the country of the issuing credit card so that the payment currency can be determined.  I don't know what is causing the problem, either because of the device you are using or perhaps South Africa doesn't have Billing Postal code.  My advice is to contact Airbnb so they can help you overcome this frustrating situation.  Twitter @airbnbhelp is the fastest way to get this done, but there are other options too: 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highligh...

View Best Answer in original post

101 Replies 101

Put in your own postal code.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

I have also had an issue with four digit postal codes in Australia. If I enter a fifth number it is accepted but I get an error, because AUS codes are four digits. Faulty system. Luckily I also have an American card.
Albee0
Level 1
Caloocan, Philippines

I've been trying to put my postal code to complete a booking. But it won't get accepted. I only have a 4 digit postal code and airbnb seems to need 5 digits

@Albee0 Try putting in a leading zero in front of your postal code to make 5 digits.  Alternatively, enter all zeros. 

Albee0
Level 1
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi Clare, putting in a zero before the postal code worked. Thanks for the help!

I have a 5 digit postal/zip code in NYC and also get rejected. This is highly furstrating, not to mention the lack of channel to request a fix from Airbnb.   grrrr   : (((

Hello. Anyone found a solution for this? I am having the same problem with a 5 digits postcode (which I am 100% sure is correct!). Thanks a bunch! Sou

Mar-Christopher0
Level 1
Caloocan, Philippines

I booked my hotel just now and i had the same problem in postal code. What i did was i just put zero first before the four digit postal code. 🙂

hi mar were you able to check in to the place you book with no issue by doing that?thanks! 

Lyka0
Level 1
Cabanatuan City, Philippines

San po mkikita postal code?

Can I use debit mastercard?
Shruti2
Level 1
Pune, India

I am facing the same issue . I am from india . Can some one helf me . My transaction aint happening

Hi Shruti

Did you find any solution to this. I need to make an urgent booking.

Thanks !

Kris37
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

After reading these comments I put a zero in front of my Australian postcode. It worked fine 

Farhad1
Level 1
Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Did you find what is billing code?!