Billing Postal Code (required)

Answered!
Brendon0
Level 1
Randburg, South Africa

Billing Postal Code (required)

I am trying to make a payment and keep getting this error message, Billing Postal Code (required), please can someone help me Ive searched everywhere.

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Brendon0 What Airbnb is trying to do is determine the country of the issuing credit card so that the payment currency can be determined.  I don't know what is causing the problem, either because of the device you are using or perhaps South Africa doesn't have Billing Postal code.  My advice is to contact Airbnb so they can help you overcome this frustrating situation.  Twitter @airbnbhelp is the fastest way to get this done, but there are other options too: 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highligh...

View Best Answer in original post

101 Replies 101

Search Zip Code Here www.postalcoder.com

I key in the postcode of the host (AirBNB) which i am staying. It worked!

Ezzah4
Level 1
Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Nk tahu postcode di mana ya?

Can i use debit card? How will i do it? 

I had this problem just now but it is now working. This is what I've done:

1. Go to Account->Payments & payouts->Add Payment method

2. before adding a credit/debit card, use the correct currency at the bottom of the page

2. Add the credit cards that you want to use including the billing details

3. Go to the listing you want to reserve

4. When making a payment, check again the correct currency you will be using, it should be the same as what is used in your credit card.

AND IT WORKED!!! Good luck!

Jovele0
Level 2
Lupon, Philippines

FOR TWO DAYS NOW, TRYING TO BOOK, WITH ALL THE PAST SUGGESTIONS AND WORK AROUND YET ALL OF DIDN'T WORK. THAT "ZIPCODE" THOUGH. SIGH

Hi mcm mana nk masukkan postcode dalam debit card

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Brendon0 What Airbnb is trying to do is determine the country of the issuing credit card so that the payment currency can be determined.  I don't know what is causing the problem, either because of the device you are using or perhaps South Africa doesn't have Billing Postal code.  My advice is to contact Airbnb so they can help you overcome this frustrating situation.  Twitter @airbnbhelp is the fastest way to get this done, but there are other options too: 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highligh...

Brendon0
Level 1
Randburg, South Africa

Thanks so much Clare

Did you come right Brendon? A friend is having the same problem.

I had the same issue on my phone, try to use the website from a PC, it worked with me.

Try from the PC

Go to Settings - > Account -> Country of Residence

Generally they want your Country of Residence to match your pincode

Thats the correction we did and it worked

The Mobile app does NOT have much of these options , hence, do try to use Dektop website for such changes

Gerda4
Level 1
Bloemfontein, South Africa

We have the same problem... How did you resolve the issue?

I am also having the same issue. Postal code does not come up in the search in FAQ. How dumb. Who programmed this system? Do they want my postal code (which is what I put in) or the bank's postal code? I don't keep the credit card companies postal code with me ... what a silly thing to ask for. This is the first time in over 10 years of online puchasing that this silly question is asked of me. What is the matter with airbnb?