Billing Postal Code (required)

Answered!
Brendon0
Level 1
Randburg, South Africa

Billing Postal Code (required)

I am trying to make a payment and keep getting this error message, Billing Postal Code (required), please can someone help me Ive searched everywhere.

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Brendon0 What Airbnb is trying to do is determine the country of the issuing credit card so that the payment currency can be determined.  I don't know what is causing the problem, either because of the device you are using or perhaps South Africa doesn't have Billing Postal code.  My advice is to contact Airbnb so they can help you overcome this frustrating situation.  Twitter @airbnbhelp is the fastest way to get this done, but there are other options too: 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highligh...

View Best Answer in original post

101 Replies 101
Abigail49
Level 1
Edmond, OK

I have a 5 digit zip code in OK and it's been rejected, just as of today! Is there any solution?!

Rhea16
Level 2
Makati, Philippines

Same problem here. Been trying to book and it seems that I cannot process due to billing code. What is the preferably billing code Im from Bataan Philippines

@Rhea16  Try 02106

Hello we have same problem billing code in Poland got 5 numbers and we cant book apartament because of this error. We are on way near Fussen (Germany) this is frustrating and we probably will delete this app.

Mike78
Level 3
Colorado Springs, CO

I just had this problem using a debit card I have on a UK bank but with a USA billing address.  I had to call AirBNB support to get this fixed.

This has been going on for two years!  AirBNB needs to fix this for their own sake, I cannot imagine how much business has been lost for them because of this issue.

Becky193
Level 1
Wild Rose, WI

Just had same problem with credit card payment erroring out for unrecognizable zip code for a US card. I got a phone # to call eventually after fighting with it. THE SOLUTION: Go to your Air BNB PROFILE and set up/enter your payment and credit card information FIRST instead of trying to enter it first time during check out. Worked like a charm after that but oooooh how painful before then! Rep was great. I hope the info helps!

australia zipp code

FOR CANADIAN CARD HOLERS:

when prompted for your ZIP code, enter the NUMBERS in your postal code, followed by two zeroes to complete the 5 digit zip code.

Worked for me. got the tip here:

https://www.mastercard.ca/en-ca/consumers/features-benefits/travel-tips/mastercard-pay-at-pump.html

what postal code need?
zip code is 4 number only but airbnb 5 number required.please help

Nurisma1
Level 1
Klang, Malaysia

Wat the zip code? 

dah dpt ka zip code sis??

Chin224
Level 1
Makati, Philippines

I have the same problem. I tried both postal code of where I live and postal code of the bank itself that I'll be using. I am from Philippines.

Chin224
Level 1
Makati, Philippines

Hi! I am having a hard time in adding payment method that's why, I still cant book my chosen hotel. I've tried everything, checked the name info card numbers for how many times yet, my card has been declined and I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if its the postal that is wrong but I tried the postal of where I live and the postal of the bank where I addressed my card, both didn't work. Can you please help me with this one 😞 Thank you so much!

Nazanin3
Level 2
Zeytinburnu, Turkey

more than 2 hours Im struggling with this stupid postal code.. I entered my own postal code but it does nt work... how should i solve this problem

Hi @Nazanin3 Your billing postal code is the code where your bills go to.  If your billing postal code is less than 5 digits, try entering a leading zero.  For example enter 01234 if your billing code is 1234.  This may work.