Birmingham, Alabama

Ashton3
Level 1
Birmingham, AL

Birmingham, Alabama

Are there any hosts out there in Birmingham, Alabama that might be interested in starting a monthly meet-up? Or maybe quarterly? I would love to engage with hosts, support one another, and get to know the beauty that is right around us in this community of hosts. I believe that we can truly be better together and that when one of us shines bright we all shine bright! 

Looking forward to connecting, 

Ashton ***

Birmingham Host

39 Replies 39
Mindy59
Level 2
Birmingham, AL

I think it's a great idea to meet and chat about our experiences, better ways to manage, etc. One thing I think could be especially helpful in the Birmingham area, is a cleaning service that is familiar with the mechanics of one night stay turnover. I think a network of available resources would be advantageous. 

Thanks for any feedback! 

Mindy

Elliott7
Level 3
Miami, FL

Please join the Airbnb Southeast Team on for an evening of food, drinks, and the opportunity to meet fellow hosts from both Gulf Shores/Orange Beach and Birmingham!

We'll discuss the purpose and structure of Airbnb host clubs, highlight opportunities to build community among hosts through unique events, and share next steps for engaging key stakeholders to help support home sharing rights.

What: Alabama Gulf Coast Host Club Launch Event (RSVP HERE)

When: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (CT)

Where: Original Oyster House Seafood Restaurant (701 Gulf Shores Pkwy, Gulf Shores, AL 36542)

What: Birmingham Host Club Launch Event (RSVP HERE)

When: Thursday, November 8, 2018, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (CT)

Where: MELT Restaurant (4105 4th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35222)

Space is limited, so please reserve your spot by registering to attend ASAP.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Happy Hosting!

Elliott

**[Name hidden due to privacy reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Community Organizer

Southeast US Team

That’s a long way to travel for a two hour meetup.  It would take me 5 or 6 hours to get to Gulf Shores.  No group around the Birmingham area?

Carol-Lee1
Level 9
Montevallo, AL

I guess I’m late to this conversation.  I’ve been running my AirBnB from my home in Montevallo since August of 2017.  We have three hosts running accommodations here in Montevallo and I think we are all successful.  Mine is the only one in walking distance to downtown and the university.  Most of my rentals are people visiting their college students or stopovers on their way someplace else.  My rental is a two room apartment, private bath, private entrance.  I’m very happy with the part time arrangement and I don't rent long term.  I prefer no more than  two weeks.  My set up is perfect for dogs with private fenced in space.  I don’t think I can do a meetup but sharing tips would  be great if there is a format for that.

Carol 

Hey Ms. Carol-Lee...googled Airbnb Questions for bham and your thread popped up!! Please inbox me if you can for guidance and tips. Thank you and please stay safe and warm!!

Allen111
Level 1
Birmingham, AL

My wife and I airbnb a farmhouse near Birmingham and would like to be notified of any meetings.

Thank you. 

Glen63
Level 2
Mobile, AL

I'm in Mobile but I am interested in attending.

Lindsay278
Level 1
Birmingham, AL

Hi! My husband and I have a home in Avondale that we have rented s on Airbnb over the last few years. We recently bought a new house and moved and have plans to turn the Avondale house into a full time Airbnb. Allstate said they won't do a homeowners insurance or landlord's policy for us since nobody will be living there in between stays (a "short-term rental" in other words). Any advice on what insurance companies we should contact to get this figured out so we can get the listing rented soon? Advice welcome. 😀

Hi, Lindsay! I have an off grid AirBnB 30 min north of Bham and we had a hard time getting insurance. We finally got a policy through Proper Insurance. They were great to work with. I highly recommend them! 

Irene825
Level 2
Tuscaloosa, AL

Hi , I'm a content producer for Bham Now - a local publication in Birmingham,AL. With the 2021 World Games are coming to Five Points, I'm currently writing a story about how someone can list their home on Airbnb.I would love to chat with a host about listing your home and how prices and availability will change as we get closer to the event. You can reach me at irene@bhamnow.com if you're interested!

I will be reaching out Irene.  Im in Montgomery now with several airbnbs but will be hosting in Bham in the comings months...

Cassandra Crosby
Cassie105
Level 2
Montgomery, AL

Hi, Im Cassie and I'm in Montgomery and would love to join your group.  I would even come to Bham for a meet up to share experiences and bounce ideas off

Cassandra Crosby
Lauren2393
Level 1
Irondale, AL

Hi! My husband and i joined last April and are enjoying hosting. I have questions about taxes in Birmingham. Will Airbnb send us anything to use for filing? I see that occupancy taxes are collected already, but is there anything else we need to account for or do? Thank you!

Pulse0
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

I have a house I am moving out of. I have rented to guest on air BNB, one room. Thinking of renting three rooms out but need a local host. Anyone out there?

Hi there,

My husband and/or I would be interested in being a local host for your Airbnb. We are both local residents of Birmingham and know the area very well. In addition, we can offer any additional assistance if needed. My husband is a retired hvac/maintenance worker so he can fix any issues that may arrive and I am experienced in general office, organizing, publicity info, customer service.....you name it. We can help you!!!