Block

Block

Hi there,

Is there a way to block a specific host from stalking my listing? 

Cheers 

Jasmine 

6 Replies 6

@Jasmine180 Could you clarify what you mean by "stalking"?

Obviously you can't block someone from viewing your listing - it's a public webpage that anyone online can see, even without an Airbnb account. But if they're using the messaging platform to verbally harass you, this should be reported to Airbnb as a violation of the terms of service. 

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Jasmine180 , sounds like an interesting story behind your question!  To be truthful, I stalk hosts around our area all the time online.  Its the only way your going to be able to see if your competitive or who is your competition and what are they offering that you should.  That type of Research by rivals is as old as business itself, maybe you need to do some stalking of your own!!!!!  Good luck, JR

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Would you be willing to share the back story to your question?  How do you know a "host" is "stalking" you?  

Hi Linda, please see my story below.

Dear all,

I appreciate your answers and questions. I totally understand that we can check how our competitors are doing, this is not stalking and is harmless. 

My worry is on specific host whom I am not comfortable with. We both have listings in the same town. We have been in good terms in the past but it is not the case over the last 6 months.  I have had to block him from my social media and friends circle to avoid being followed digitally and amongst my circle.

I recently found out that he has also copied my (Post-covid relaunch) advert from my Homestay business IG word for word and on the same day I published.

Hence the reason why I'm trying to keep him away from stalking my business. I have sought formal advise on ways to keep him away through other digital platforms, but is there a way AIRBNB could help and support my situation?

All I need is to stay out of his sight. It didn't make sense to change my listing as it is unfair on my hardwork on the business.

@Jasmine180 no, you cannot prevent anyone from viewing your Airbnb listing. It is public.