Blocked dates keep getting opened up

Rachel243
Level 2
State College, PA

Blocked dates keep getting opened up

So we had to cancel a booking for the first time today because of the calendar. So we had a certain week specifically blocked a year in advance because we knew we wouldn't be in town... well the 6 months out deadline comes around and the calendar automatically opened those dates and someone instant booked.

Is there no way to keep those days/other days blocked out even after the 6 months prior date? It is inconvenient as a Part Time Host to have to open the calendar every day to close off dates that automatically become available 6 months prior

6 Replies 6
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rachel243....yes Rachel, that's what happens! It's being going on for more than a year now and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel towards getting this 'glitch' fixed. The issue does not appear to be a big enough one for Airbnb to take any action on.

As far as I know Rachel the best way around this problem is to set your booking calendar to 'All Future Dates' and set a start and end date for dates that you want to block. What is happening at the moment, you may have set a booking window of 6 months and have dates blocked beyond that rolling 6 month window. As the days advance and the calendar opens up future dates as it comes to them it does not recognise that certain dates have been blocked and simply opens them up for booking. This coupled with the ability of guests to use Instant book means that dates you thought were secure from booking in actual fact are not!

Get onto Airbnb and explain what has happened....they have heard it a million times before, and they will know what to do to relocate or take care of this booking. All the best Rachel....

Cheers.....Rob

I'm with you. Airbnb should work on this problem. Very annoying.

Jeffrey74
Level 2
Traverse City, MI

This has happened twice to us.  The first time we cancelled the people that booked the previously blocked dates, Airbnb penalized us by revoking our Superhost Status...not a big deal.  I was sure I blocked the dates, but couldn't understand why it happened.  Now it just happened again.  We have our place booked for a wedding, so I blocked the dates and someone just instantly booked the house when the dates apparently opened up without us knowing.  How do I contact Airbnb about this?  How do I keep it from happening again?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jeffrey74

I have answered this question just two posts up from this one. That is the short answer, I know it sounds brief but when people come here to the forum many of us just want to help, but there is a limit to how often we can go over the same answer....particularly when it is already given as one in a 4 post thread!!!

If you still feel the need to contact ABB the US number is  +1-855-424-7262 / 1-855-4-AIRBNB (toll-free)

Cheers.....Rob

Sarah-Fortuna0
Level 2
Glendale, AZ

i'm upset as my blocked dates are opened without my knowledge and i had 2 bookings that i have to cancel . i felt bad for the guests because they had instant-booked and i had to cancel . i don't like this if airbnb can do this. not fair to us  host and guests

Kathleen169
Level 2
Inverness, United Kingdom

This has just happened to me. The worst part its over christmas and the rates air bnb open with is my minimum nightly rate . 

I hate to cancel someones Christmas plans . Whats the point in having a calendar over six months in advance in that case. I find this very inconvenient for me and future guests who are being given the wrong information.