Blocked dates unblocked

Blocked dates unblocked

I have two guestrooms. One is a mini apartment with a private entrance and the other one within my home.  Due to the increase in the coronavirus, I blocked the dates for the room within my home. Last Friday I received an instant booking for to arrive that day for the room within my home.

I went in and looked and all my dates were not blocked.

To top it off my listing clearly states: Please note: We do not host local guests.  

This guest was a local guest and I explain to him that we do not host local guests, but that didn’t seem to bother him at all and he came anyway.

I did not want to cancel him because of the affects  it could have on my super host status. However I do not accept local guests for a reason. And this individual is yet another example why I do not except local guess.  Not to mention the fact that I feel it puts me in jeopardy of catching the coronavirus having him going in and out of my house after he’s been out and about.

To top it all off on Saturday I received a notice from Airbnb to give a review for Leroy. Who was supposed to have stayed in the guestroom within my house. I never had anybody here prior to this person and I’ve never had a Leroy.  When I clicked on the review link it told me I didn’t have permission to go there.

My questions are these:  

Is anybody else’s calendar becoming unblocked?

Does Airbnb have a selection for me to select that I could apply to my local areas so that if a local guest wishes to book it automatically blocks them?

I tried several times to get a hold of Airbnb through messaging, but each time it would not allow me to do that. I believe it had to do with the glitches they were having. I can try again later.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Priscilla150 

Regarding the calendar: Last week there was a glitch within the calendar - something I experienced and a few other hosts reported here. Essentially the calendar was "frozen" and if you did make a change it did not save. So I am guessing you attempted to block the dates but they did not truly block, which could explain why this guest was able to instant book "open" dates.

I had my calendar blocked for several weeks prior to last week. However, glitch last week could have caused my calendar dates to become unblocked.