Blocking Off Unavailable Dates: A Community Help Guide

Answered!
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Blocking Off Unavailable Dates: A Community Help Guide

-----------------Update June 5th 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view.

-----------------------------------------------

Many people wish to block off certain dates for several reasons which may include going on vacation or renting out their listing through other websites.  Below are the steps for blocking dates for specific days or a group of consecutive days on your calendar.

Step 1: Select the "Host" tab on the top right hand corner and then choose "Manage Listings".

pricing1.png

Step 2: Choose "Manage Listings and Calendar".  You will then be taken to your calendar.

princing2.png

Step 3: On your calendar, select one date by clicking on the date or select consecutive dates by clicking on the first date by dragging (while still clicking) the cursor to the last date you wish to block.  

pricing 3.png

pricing4.png

Step 4: When you select the date/dates you want to set specific pricing for, a box will appear on the right hand side which allows you to input the price for the dates you selected or block.  Select the "Blockd" tab and then review the date range.  If those are the dates you wish to block off, choose "Save Changes".

blocked.png

As you can see below, the dates that were selected have now been blocked off and it will not be possible to book and your listing will not show up in searches for the selected dates.

blocked2.png

Cheers

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your participation here. I just wanted to let you know that there is now an updated version of this Community Guide, click here to view.

I will now close this topic for new posts. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
Cynthia17
Level 3
Oakland, CA

Not urgent, question for my own (and others?) knowledge. When I block dates and include notes, can anyone besides myself and AirBnb see the notes? I find this section helpful and would like to include events (e.g., reunion, etc.) but won't if the public can see. Thanks!

How do i block some days or weeks from availability calendar?

William185
Level 2
Halifax, Canada

A follow up to my complaints about blocked days becoming unblocked and instant bookings being made necessitating cancellations and penalties. Emails to Airbnb took some time but Guilia got back to me explaining that I had one wrong switch in my Manage listings menu - that was '3 month' was selected in the booking window which meant that each day 3 months from today was unblocked. To correct this (as been written in previous blogs), go settings Host-Manage Listings-Calendar-Available settings-Booking window. Select 'All future dates' NOT 3 months. Then reblock and check. Should fix the problems.

Bill ****

Darren31
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Helpful thread, as it appears there have been more than a few incidents regarding availability and bookings despite best intentions by Hosts.  

Given AirBnB's perception and penalties towards cancellations, additional help on etc on the calendar page itself would be very beneficial for all!  

Pat99
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Interesting reading all the conversations here but I think I have another related question which as yet has not been raised. 

Firstly - is there a difference between a blocked dates and unavailable dates?

Secondly - what i want to stop people from checking in during a particular period but still allow them to check-out. 
For example: If I am on holiday between 5th-10th and I want to prevent any one from booking and checking-in between these dates as I will be away. However, I do not want to stop anyone from checking out between these days so long as they arrived before. Basically I am stopping new bookings for these. Presumably if I block the dates then they wont show up in a search at all?

Thanks in advance. 

Pat99
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Interesting reading all the conversations here but I think I have another related question which as yet has not been raised. 

Firstly - is there a difference between a blocked dates and unavailable dates?

Secondly - what i want to stop people from checking in during a particular period but still allow them to check-out. 
For example: If I am on holiday between 5th-10th and I want to prevent any one from booking and checking-in between these dates as I will be away. However, I do not want to stop anyone from checking out between these days so long as they arrived before. Basically I am stopping new bookings for these. Presumably if I block the dates then they wont show up in a search at all?

Thanks in advance. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your participation here. I just wanted to let you know that there is now an updated version of this Community Guide, click here to view.

I will now close this topic for new posts. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.