Blocking members or countries from seeing my listing

Virginia9
Level 7
Montego Bay, Jamaica

Blocking members or countries from seeing my listing

I am concerned about my personal safety as a host. Is there any way to block a particular user or a whole country from seeing my listing?

9 Replies 9
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Virginia9,

I am pretty sure that there is no way to block a whole country from viewing your listing but you can flag a user via the messaging system and also report them to Airbnb by emailing safety@airbnb.com.  I would do both.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

thank you for your input Dave & Deb - I did both immediately.

I am not surprised a country cannot be blocked but I am surprised an individual cannot be . . .

😞

Best you can do, as is said, is to flag a user.  I'm not sure what blocking a whole COUNTRY would achieve - there are bad eggs in every country (even one's own!) - and many many good eggs too 🙂

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contact AirBNB
Peyvand0
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Hi

I'm not sure how blocking a whole country might help. But if you're concerned then make sure you have your booking settings set so that potential guests must have verified I.D and that you have to pre-approve before they can book. Have a good bit of communication through the messaging (and flag if something seems really off), talk through expectations, confirm house rules, have a chat about them and why they're visiting etc and simply decline if you don't feel comfortable.  If you're being harassed by a certain member then do report them to Airbnb as I'm sure they would see to it.

thank you all for your replies, I am working with airbnb directly on a unique issue which I could really only alude to here.  Cheers

Hi Virginia.
I have the same issue about blocking whole countries from my listing but i can't find solution in this problem! If you have news please post it!

Regards

George

Takashi9
Level 1
Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan

I really need it also. Since Our governemnt keep searching and coming to house and order to stop airbnb host as leagal issue.  

I hope Airbnb will have choice to select country from where traveler can see.  then i will be big help. Our Japan goverment still on process Low connecting Airbnb hosting business for 2 years.  But  i know it still need long way to be on actuall leagall.   

Kouroush0
Level 2
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Is there any way to BLOCK Local Searches say within 30 miles of you etc.  Just trying to see if you can stop your local competitors seeing your listing and what you do or charge etc.

Slaven10
Level 1
Zagreb, Croatia

I had the same question and got this reply from support:

"Sadly there is no such an option to block nations on Airbnb yet.

If you believe the platform will benefit from this option I encourage you to leave your feedback in the form below and it will be delivered to the appropriate team, I hope they will take it into account and implement it on the future website updates :

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback 

"

So, send feedback people!