Blood droplets on bed and wall

Gary495
Level 2
Denver, CO

Blood droplets on bed and wall

Have a strange situation and trying to work with Airbnb Resolution center but not having success nor good communications. 

1) we have mattress protectors on our beds. However the guest removed it for whatever reason. 
After they left, we discovered droplets of blood on the bed and the walls. Looked like maybe they were injecting drugs or something similar. 

2) AirBNB Resolutions team is telling me that the mattress cannot be replaced now after 29 days of telling me I would be receiving a check for the replacement mattress and painting of the walls. 

Has anyone had this issue before and had any luck with resolutions? 

Thanks! 
G

12 Replies 12
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Gary495 sorry to hear this. I've sent the information you provided over to the team and will send you a DM when I hear back from them. 

Thanks

Stay away from Airbnb!!!!!!

A guest ruined my chair, asked support to mediate matters, all they said is 
spoke with the guest and the guest says that they will not pay for it?  What? What kind of policy is that!!!! Do not become a host! They will use you to like a tool! You will be their Pawn! 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

You need to progress your claim . Airbnb approach the Guest in addition to your communication with them as Stage 1, and, most often the Guest refuses to settle. Move to Stage 2. Request to be considered for the underwritten fund. You have to show evidence which you will have based on photos of the chair in situ in your property and photos of the damage since the Guest's visit. Good Luck with progressing the claim.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Nicholas546 above...

Did you write them a review about the broken chair ? If yes how did the situation worked out for you ? 

Gary495
Level 2
Denver, CO

refusing to even let me speak with a manager.  Come on AirBNB. I am looking to join the Denver Short Term Rental Advisory board and I attend the meetings. I will bring this up if this is not resolve. Please have the Denver represents reach out to me. @Nick 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi Gary, I've just sent you a DM regarding this. Thanks

Gary495
Level 2
Denver, CO

**[Conversation with CS removed in line with Community Center Guidelines]

@Gary495 nice professional response, isn't it? 🙄 

@Airbnb this is how you want your organization to be represented?

Gary495
Level 2
Denver, CO

No it’s not so they removed my image showing how they react and respond without regard to you. I’ve asked for them to call me and asked for a manger to talk to me and they will not respond or call me. Immature business model for customer support. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's nothing personal @Gary495  . Their customer services doesn't have an escalation process .

what reason did they give you for turning down your claim ? 

if you check the T&C for the guarantee  you can pay to have independent arbitration of your claim and will get your money back for that and claim paid out in your successful. 

don't forget to leave an honest review to warn hosts considering these guests