Board 'Clutter'

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Board 'Clutter'

As much as I appreciate the Community Centre moderators and what they do to keep the forum running smoothly, over the past year there has been an insidious increase in Admin inspired thread suggestions. These threads with their associated graphics now take up a major part of the first two pages of the host board and probably the other boards as well.

Am I just being a bit picky suggesting that these admin threads would be better placed on a board of their own rather than taking up what is premium space on contributors boards. Good quality helpful posts by both beginners and regulars disappear down the pages into obscurity fast enough while these admin threads always retain top position.

Lets face it once a post has dropped to page ten it is consigned to history and that can happen in as little as four days.

There is much competition for veiwing space at the head of each board and this is complicated by threads which may have had limited appeal a year ago and have been well and truly aired, but, suddenly spring back up to the head of the board because of a question or statement which has been tacked somewhere into it, which is of limited or no relevance.

I am finding I have to wade through more and more of what doesn't interest me to get to things that do, and like many others I am still trying to learn! How do others feel? 

Cheers.....Rob

17 Replies 17
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie

Thanks Lizzie, that clears up a lot of the mystery surrounding appearances and disappearances!

Cheers.....Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Glad this was helpful @Robin4 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Robin4

Ahh - you mean those posts that are supposed to prevent us from suffering question fatigue ? 😉