Booked but cannot accept

Sherri1
Level 1
Forestville, CA

Booked but cannot accept

I have an accepted booking for Feb 6&7. The 7th was blocked but not the 6th and now I need to be away for the 6th as well. How do I cancel the booking?

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi Sherri,

Here is the article on how to cancel as a host: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/166/cancel-a-reservation-as-a-host

Be aware of the penalties including that you will lose your SuperHost status.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Wendy-and-Markus0
Level 10
United States

@Sherri1:

Not sure what your situation is BUT if there is anyway a friend/family member could help with hosting your guest in your home, that would probably be so much better than having a cancellation on your record. We really get dinged as hosts for cancelling.

Even if you pay someone to help you with it. We have a network of local hosts we reach out to for support and help, all thanks to a fellow host that started this support group:) Hopefully you can find somebody to help cover for you if at all possible.

Another alternative IS possibly reaching out to other area hosts and see if your guest is willing to swap the reservation with another host in the area?

Sean6
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

To airbnb .

Please take me of using  "ACCEPTED "   as a host I have lost control over how I want as a guest , I am asking you to put booking system back as  it was , I am not happy with with using ACCEPTED  .     Sean .