Booking Payment

Lena41
Level 2
Surabaya, Indonesia

Booking Payment

There are several instances I received inquires from the local guests who has no credit card for their booking payment. I am aware that accepting them to pay cash is wrong/unethical and as such their booking will not be completed. This gives me a dilemma.
Wonder what's the best solution?

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

They use whatever other payment options are allowed.

David

When they have no credit card they won't proceed with the booking. Some would like to pay in cash upon checking in. Ethically, I can't accept it hence they'll ignore the Pre-approval sent. That means a lost of revenue for both the Host and Airbnb.

Isabel203
Level 10
Halifax, Canada

I'm not sure what the dilemma is exactly - could you help me understand? Is it that you feel guilty about declining the booking, perhaps, or that you want to be able to increase your bookings by finding a way to accept more requests?

It's about having to decline the booking and, in all cases the potential guest will just ignore the Pre-Approval sent to them for not having a credit card.

Anyone who can't get a pre-paid credit card or a regular debit card is a headache waiting to happen.

They'll show up, come up with a lame excuse why they can't pay you on the spot, and the nightmare begins.

Decline them.