Booking dates

Stratos3
Level 1
Peloponnisos Dytiki Ellada ke Ionio, Greece

Booking dates

Ok, so I just booked and paid for 6 nights, 3-9 january and plane leaving on the morning of 10th. The problem is that airbnb says chekout is on 9th, but I paid for 6 days, not 5. How does that work? Am I gonna be kicked out on 9th or 10th? check-in time is after 1pm and check-out 12pm.I'm new to airbnb and I thought the host subsection might be able to help me.

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is quite simple 🙂

You booked for six nights. This means your last night is 8 January with a check out of 9 January.

If you want to check out on 10 January you will need to extend your reservation by a day - so you book for seven nights.

Go into your booking and raise a request for the extra night for the host to approve.

Deidre0
Level 4
Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands

From the 3 to the 9th is 7 nights then you leave n the 10th

6 nights is from the 3 to the 8th

So your last night is the 8th check out on the 9th

Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

"From the 3 to the 9th is 7 nights "

So, from the 3rd to the 4th would be 2 nights? 🙂 No, check-in the 3rd and check-out the 9th, simply means 6 nights. Leaving the 10th, means checking out the 10th, means 7 nights.

Stratos3
Level 1
Peloponnisos Dytiki Ellada ke Ionio, Greece

Well, guess I'm an idiot that also forgot how to count 😛  thanks!

Mike168
Level 2
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

The 3rd is the day you arrive at the posted check-in time or as arranged.  The 9th is the day you leave as per the posted check-out time or as arranged. That's it that's all.

Yolanda48
Level 2
Lyon, France

There were two occassions when my guests left one day earlier than what was reflected in the calendar. They mentioned that they booked those dates but the calendar did not reflect it. I need help.

Ladd0
Level 1
Augusta, KS

FOR THE LAST 60 YEARS YEARS WE HAVE MADE RESERVATIONS BY THE DATES (NIGHTS)WE WANT TO STAY. NOW FOR SOME REASON MILLENIALS HAVE CHANGED IT TO THE DATE WE WANT TO LEAVE????  HALF OF MY GUESTS ARE CONFUSED ON THIS. JUST NEEDS TO BE BETTER EXPLAINED SOMEHOW. JUST A SUGGESTION.

Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Who is "we"?  I've never made bookings that way.  And why are you SHOUTING? 

The ladd is yelling problaby because after 60 years you get deaf... ? logical? - i agree with the Ladd, millenials are changing the tried and true rules of the world... just when you get used to life, it throws your a curveball, hotels are no longer, and airbnbs rule...soon the superhost will be a perfect robot, with secret cameras all over the home to collect data on your and your familiy so that they can exploit the rest of your trip. and trump will be president and ruin the world.... oh wait, thats already happened. 

Teresa1546
Level 1
Hampton, VA

Thank you so much for this post. I just booked & also was confused on this. Thank you all for the replies also, helped me out a whole lot 🙂