Booking rate.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Booking rate.

@Lizzie

I have something to ask of you! Can you please make a request of the Tech team on my behalf?

Until a few months ago when looking at our views stats the page looked like this....

March booked nights..png

Some of the information on that page was not of much use, such as booked and unbooked days because that didn't relate to our occupancy.

But the stat I did find useful was to see on what days bookings had occured and how those days related to views....each booking related to black dot on the graph. 

This is the current view graph and that information relating to booked days has gone.....

Views 3.png

I do prefer the format of this page but it would be handy if the Tech team could once again dot those days where bookings had been made. I am finding my bookings come in blocks! I will go for a week without a booking and suddenly 4 will come in the space of an hour or two and this has become a consistent pattern and I would like to try and work out why. If multiple bookings come on the same day, above the dot for that date they could just include a number indicating how many bookings had been received on that day!

See what you can do Lizzie.

Cheers.....Rob

15 Replies 15
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

you are right @Robin4 the same here

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Who knew that was what that dot meant ? I've never found the graph entirely helpful other than to prove that someone is looking at the listing 🙂

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Pete28

Look at the old graph in my post above and look what donates 'booked days' and 'unbooked days' and you will see what I mean!

Maybe I should have said 'Blue' dot!

Cheers.....Rob

Caitlin75
Level 3
Ottawa, Canada

I agree - please bring back the dots to denote booked days. I appreciated having this and it's a bummer that it's gone.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Robin4,

Thanks for asking me about this. I can certainly pass this back to the team who works on this. 

Just to gather more information, it would be great to also hear from more hosts on whether you feel this was useful to you and why.

Also, in reference to your hypothesis Robin and needing the information to help you with this, do you think there could be a better way of presenting this to you or was the way it showed before fine with you?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I also found this VERY useful and sent TWO emails about it - with responses that were not useful whatsoever.  I felt they didn't even understand my comment or truly care.  I found those booking dots very useful to track the dates that actually resulted in bookings.  Now it's just a bunch of views, but doesn't help me see when bookings actually occurred. Why was it removed anyway??  Do some techies just sit around thinking of ways to change things all the time without even surveying hosts to see what is useful to them?  Change simply for the sake of change is not always beneficial.  Does anyone there ever listen to us?

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Lizzie

In addition, I believe for the last few days everyone's views are listed as zero. So I suppose when they changed the format, they forgot something...  🙂

Steven65
Level 10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi Robin. I also found this a useful feature. My bookings also usually arrive close together with gaps inbetween, presumably because the search ranking is boosted after the initial booking. 

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie I also notice that my views are at zero since Nov 1st.  Are we back in the same situation that we were in September?  Another glitch?

Me too.  Just like the problem we had a few weeks back where nothing was changed for 2 weeks and no notification sent out to any hosts.

Shaun69
Level 10
Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom

@Lizzie I am the same, views since 1st November indicate zero which I know is untrue because I have guests here who have viewed on both the 2nd and 3rd. They have confirmed to me that they did that!!!!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Lizzie  Like @Robin4 and @Steven65  I use the old method as a gauging tool. It's a quick visual of when and what time of the month people are more inclinded to book. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Letti0 @Shaun69 @Rachel0 @Suzanne302 @Lizzie

Letti, I really would like this information because as I said I am getting around 21-24 bookings per month and they are coming in blocks. Just today I have 4 confirmed plus a pre-approval. I would like to know why I will go 8 days with nothing and then get 6 in two days. I am trying to relate that to views, or is there some reason why my listing is popping in and out of search visability!

Cheers......Rob

Maykel1
Level 2
Varadero, Cuba

@Lizzie I also notice that my views are at zero since Nov 1st.