Bookings for two singles (rather than a couple)

Helen0
Level 10
Manchester, United Kingdom

Bookings for two singles (rather than a couple)

The listing is a self-contained two-bedroom house that can sleep up to four people (two double beds, one in each room).

For parties of three or four people there is an additional charge on top of the base rate to cover the extra time cleaning and doing laundry for the use of the second bedroom, but when the party is two people there is no way to know whether they are a couple who will be sharing one room, or two friends/colleagues etc who want a room each.

I have therefore put a specific paragraph in the listing asking people to tell me if they are two singles wanting both rooms as otherwise the system (and I) will assume they are a couple and only one bedroom will be prepared for them.

However I am getting guests arriving, having not read the listing properly, not spoken to me about it, and expect the second bedroom to be made up and available to them but unwilling to amend their booking to cover the additional charge!

What can I do about this? 

15 Replies 15
Jodi47
Level 2
Launceston, Australia

the soloution is easy! AIRBNB could add [on check out and payment] a fee for the second room for two singles ! instead of giving 2 single the 2nd room free!