Bookings stopped?

Adhina1
Level 2
St Paul, MN

Bookings stopped?

Hello,

I am new to airbnb. When I first went live, I was getting multiple booking and filled up the first month almost immediately after posted. Now however, I can see once logged out of my account that my listing has been pushed way down to the 4-5 page. I’m wondering if airbnb does this after you get your first review. Did anyone else experience this? Is there a way to get your listing back higher up? Or after how many reviews does it take to be able to get more visibility?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Adhina1 when you start listing you get a boost in the search rankings. To stay high you will need to keep taking bookings. Instant Book will boost you up the search rankings but may not suit your situation.

Thank you for your response! I do have instant booking on. I’m hoping after this month with more reviews, I will see more bookings appear. Thanks so much. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Adhina1 

With menu "insights" you can also check some statistics, like the amount of views.

Direct link: Performance/conversion/p3_impressions

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Adhina1 

Hi Adhina, what you are experiencing is common for a new host and listing. Airbnb do promote your ranking for the first month or so to get you underway but, sooner or later you have to swim in the big pool like the rest of us. 

You have started off well with one great review and I am sure more will follow, and that breeds confidence in searching guests.....they want to see that you are competent and can be trusted. Many hosts are hesitant about taking on a guest with no reviews, and the same does apply with guests, they want to see a track record. 

Success breeds success though Adhina, learn from each guest how to become just that bit better, and keep on trying to provide great experiences, and that trickle of future guests will turn into a steady stream just like it has for many of us.

All the best.

Cheers......Rob