Has anyone else had a lack of Bookings?

Has anyone else had a lack of Bookings?

It has been several weeks since I've had a new booking. Is this something that happens this time of year?

16 Replies 16
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

See all the discussions about the 'Summer Release', they speculate on why this is happening.

So I read a few of them, and it looks like there are some search changes that Airbnb created?  My house still shows up on the searches for homes in Atlanta, but I haven't received a booking in a month. Its bizarre, I was packed this summer from March to August

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Todd517 is a thousand dollars a night competitive where you are?

I was consistently getting $1100 to $1150 and that was under most homes in my area.  I’ve dropped it down to $999 to see what happens.   But it went from booked solid to crickets.   Very strange 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Todd517 what is your market? If families then with children returning to school you may have to rethink the coming months

I have had a diverse group, some families, some vacationers. Yes, the fact that school started up could affect things. I just wouldn't think it would go from booked solid to nothing.  I can lower the nightly amount down lower to get some bookings

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Did you do any research on supply and demand for your type of listing in your area for your target customer? If not that should be your starting point .@Todd

you can increase bookings by listing on all relevant listing platforms and by setting up direct marketing channels and taking direct bookings once you have a better understanding of supply and demand. 

I don't do any research on supply and demand.  Who would be able to help me with direct marketing channels?  How does that work? I have this house listed on Airbnb, vrbo, etc

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I suggest you start doing research into demand and supply for your sort of listing in your area to get an idea of demand and therefore likely income @Todd517  (when you decided to offer short term rentals what were your expectations around income generation/bookings?)

You could look for a local co-host in your area that is a local superhost who understands marketing and ask for their help if you decide you want to invest in direct marketing channels and/or if you want to list on multiple listing platforms. You can agree a fee with them for provide consultancy advice, and a fee for setting up channels etc

By the way Airbnb says hosts should have a clear photo of themselves on their profiles. It instills trust which can only be helpful in attracting bookings.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Todd517  Many of us are hoping that some changes/adjustments are coming since surely Airbnb has noticed the abrupt different results their hosts are experiencing in the last 3-4 months.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I don't think they particularly care about the impact it has on individual smaller hosts as long as it works for larger scale management companies and hosts with multiple listings @Fred13 

I am afraid you may be quite right.

What exactly were the changes that were made?

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Todd517 

Too much to explain, make sure you read many post regarding that subject in here,