Brian Chesky interview today on Fox Business "The Claman Countdown"

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

Brian Chesky interview today on Fox Business "The Claman Countdown"

Airbnb stocks were up today in overall down market on Biden announcement to allow international travel.  

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6273591969001/?playlist_id=933116626001#sp=show-clips

BTW does anyone happen to know how close or far Airbnb is from becoming S&P 500? Seems like a good fit, but I really have no idea. I tried to google it (or rather duck duck go it) but didn't come up with any results. 

4 Replies 4
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@John5097 

According to Fortune.com Airbnb is ranked #688.

@Brian2036 Ok good to know! Was curious about that. I also learned that companies that make the S&P 500 are based on the stocks value, and not a companies assets or their earnings. So Airbnb could be larger and earn more than some on the SP500. 

I don't watch business news often so was kind of interested to see Brian on there. Pretty smart as he realized Biden's announcement to lift travel ban would boost the stocks, which it did, and happened to be red day for stocks overall, so likely picked up a lot of investors. 

Probably less risk in the stock market than being a host. 

Thanks again for the info! 🙂 

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@John5097 

Remember that Enron was a Fortune 500 company and it was worth absolutely nothing.

They were good at creative accounting though.

Earnings, however fraudulent, are a critical factor and Airbnb has none. Never has. Zip. Zero. Nada.

I don’t know how they raised $150 billion in their IPO. I’m just glad none of it was mine.

@Brian2036 

It could be worse, at least Chesky isn't trying to pay us in bitcoin!  

They made money in 2018-2019 but purchased a lot of other companies. Then the pandemic. And of course we know the rest. Hopefully they will get back to turning a profit and address some of the key issues for host.