Brisbane Hosts

Andrea-and--Matt0
Level 3
Aspley, Australia

Brisbane Hosts

Hi Brisbane hosts.   Lets use this new Community Centre to share our knowledge, and experience(s) both good and bad to other Brisbane hosts so that we can all grow and learn on our Airbnb journeys.

Look forward to chatting with you all online.

M&A

47 Replies 47
Jennie0
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Hi Matt and Andrea - I found you!

Tami4
Level 2
Woolloongabba, Australia

If we want to see if any of us Brisbane folk have written anything, are we supposed to type 'Brisbane' in the search bar?
Jennie0
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Yes that's my understanding Tami.  I guess we also need to use the word Brisbane in our posts so that when people using that term your post will appear for them to see

Linda298
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Hi Everybody,

I'm a host of 2 properties in Sydney, started 2 years ago.

I'm looking to buy/in the process of buying a home in the Redcliffe area, and I am looking for a Cohost to manage it on my behalf. It might suit a stay at home mother or retired person or uni student looking for some extra income. Do you know anybody who may want to do it?

Hi Linda, I will send you a personal message.  I may be interested.  Cheers, Jennie

Tracey36
Level 2
Woody Point, Australia

Hi Linda, I host in Woody Point just near Redcliffe but am currently living in Melbourne. I am a superhost and my property was puchased by us for the purpose of AIRBNB. I have an excellent "home servicing cleaner" that I employ who would suit your needs also. I am interested in co-hosting so please inbox me for further details and discussion.

cheers Tracey

Linda298
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Hi Tracey,

I found someone a few months back with the help of Jennie 🙂

Hello Linda,

Have you managed to find someone to help with the management of your Airbnb property?

I’m on Airbnb regularly and picked up this request of yours.

Let me know,I can help.

Cheers

Lee

Jennie0
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Hi Brisbane Hosts, we are planning to sell this property and I wonder if it's appropriate to let other hosts know the details in case another host might be interested in purchasing it and keep the very successful listing alive. I'd appreciate your thoughts and advice. Cheers

Jennie0
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Hi Brisbane Hosts, I just want to let you all Popknow that we are selling our property in Wynnum West, Brisbane (Australia).  There are 3 entirely self-contained spaces in the home and two of these are currently listed through Airbnb - one (The Studio) on an ongoing basis, and the other less frequently.  The Studio is steadily booked throughout the year and has consistently received 5 star reviews.  It's an idea home for Airbnb - there are two comfortable outdoor shared areas to meet with guests, but also complete privacy from each other when needed.  You can view the listings at: https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/10283420 and www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/13849267

Please feel free to message me if you would like further information or would like to arrange a time to have a look through the property.  Cheers 

Brigitte177
Level 1
Brisbane, Australia

Hi . Anyone out there? My wife and I are wanting to get started with Airbnb but are being stonewalled by Brisbane City Council. How has anyone gotten around this?

George

Hi there, this is an issue that has come up a lot in discussions for Brisbane hosts.  

It's important that you use the self-assessment tool for a home-based business on the BCC website.  (Not always easy to find so if you have trouble I'll see if I can send you the link).  You can describe the home-based business as a bed and breakfast using this tool.  Hopefully by going through that tool you'll see that you don't need approval.  Note that in order to qualify as a self-assessed home-based business the maximum stay for guests is two weeks.  

I hope that helps, cheers, Jennie

Hi there, this is an issue that has come up a lot in discussions for Brisbane hosts.  

It's important that you use the self-assessment tool for a home-based business on the BCC website.  (Not always easy to find so if you have trouble I'll see if I can send you the link).  You can describe the home-based business as a bed and breakfast using this tool.  Hopefully by going through that tool you'll see that you don't need approval.  Note that in order to qualify as a self-assessed home-based business the maximum stay for guests is two weeks.  

I hope that helps, cheers, Jennie

Hi.

Yeah it's not easy to wade through the Brisbane city councils pages to find out if you need permits.  Providing you stick to the guidelines I found that we didn't require permits etc.  these are the last now that should get you on your way.

https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/planning-building/do-i-need-approval/business-projects/operating-hom...

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1723885/Home-based-business-self-assessable-checklist