Brisbane Hosts

Andrea-and--Matt0
Level 3
Aspley, Australia

Brisbane Hosts

Hi Brisbane hosts.   Lets use this new Community Centre to share our knowledge, and experience(s) both good and bad to other Brisbane hosts so that we can all grow and learn on our Airbnb journeys.

Look forward to chatting with you all online.

M&A

47 Replies 47
Jennie0
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Hi again Louse, here's the link to the other Airbnb community conversation regarding Brisbane City Council permits etc

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Brisbane-council-permits/m-p/742637#M165858

Sonya-and-Dawson0
Level 1
Spring Hill, Australia

Hello fellow Brisbane hosts,

It's nice to have you here!

I've hosted previously in other states however I'm new to Brisbane. Does anyone recommend liability or any other type of insurance outside airbnb?

Thank you and looking forward to your feedback.

Best

Sonya

Jennie0
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Hi Sonya & Dawson, welcome to Brisbane!

There is a special host insurance that's been developed specifically for this kind of accommodation - I have taken out Home Host insurance cover through Ceneta Insurance Services - www.hostriteinsurance.com.au 

It is VITAL that you check with your current insurer to make sure that your hosting activities will not adversely affect your current cover.  When I first started in 2016 I found that RACQ was the only insurer who was happy to continue with their current cover (they even put a clause in my policy to indicate this).

I hope this is helpful, cheers, Jennie

YingYing3
Level 1
Garbutt, Australia

hi 👋Andrea & Matt, 

hi ~ all Brisbane hosts 

this is Ying Ying , my location is in West End. 

Jennie0
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Welcome Ying Ying - have you been a host for very long?

Kathy453
Level 2
Hong Kong

Hi fellow hosts,

I am looking for some help with my place in CBD near Roma Street Station. I gonna spend my holiday break in other city so I would need someone to help greet the guest, cleaning, and restock the place. Everything needed will be provided.

Is there anyone out there interested? Or can anyone suggest a way of finding such a person?

Hello Kathy, I've spoken with the cleaner who does my airbnb places regularly and he might be interested.  Is there parking available on site for him to use? Cheers, Jennie

Bernadette178
Level 1
Brisbane, Australia

Hi

Desperately seeking help to be paid. 

i have been hosting for 6 yrs and have never had any issues with payout from Airbnb- UNTIL NOW!. 

I have been sent multiple emails saying “Airbnb have a problem at their end, thanks for my patience etc” and have twice re-done my bank details for them; received the 0.0 3 cents verification but STILL no payout since 31 Oct. Airbnb now owes me approx $1500 .

i have sent emails thru the help section but nothing has changed.

Is there a Brisbane rep I can contact the old fashioned way by talking?

Hi Bernadette, you may have been able to get on to someone via phone by now but just in case, I called Airbnb on 02 8520 3333 when I experienced this problem a few weeks ago and they were very helpful.  I hope it gets sorted for you soon, cheers, Jennie

Hi Everybody

This Fredik From MaxClean Services, I would like to offer my cleaning and laundry service.

We have many happy client around Brisbane, benefits we offer are:

1. we have experienced

2. we work monday to Sunday

3. our rates are very competitive

4. We do laundry as well

5. we do amenities supply as well

6. We have many team to cover last minute booking

For more info, please contact me

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Hey there Brisbane hosts!

My name's Eleanor, I was born in Brisbane and spent a portion of my life there... Having moved on from the beautiful, sunny state, I've now stumbled into a great business that I think could revolutionalise parts of the airbnb industry and make things wayyyy easier for hosts. 

Dryz is an on-demand laundry and dry cleaning service (think of it like the Uber or AirBnB of laundry). Essentially, you can book for someone to pick up and return your laundry to your door and have them cleaned by proffesional cleaners with an average of over 15 years experience! 

For more info, feel free to *

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Hi Brisbane Hosts,

Hope you are all doing well. 

For all of those that may be interested in a deeper dive into where Airbnb and the short-let market is going in South East Queensland, we are hosting a free event (food and drink our shout) at Padre Bar in the Gabba next Thursday the 28th of March - See the full invite below where you can register. The event will be capped at 50 people so get in quick if you are interested, or if you think you can contribute please let me know and I'll get in touch.   ///https://lnkd.in/ebCn26r]

Greg445
Level 1
Mooloolaba, Australia

Hi all,

Trying to locate someone reliable with regular cleaners to look after hosting a 3 b/r townhouse in LOGANLEA, clean & modern, in a secured complex of 16, for short term letting for an indefinite period.

Property until recently was permanently let, am familiar with how it all works, as have had properties on the Sunny Coast under other hosting services. Problem I’m encountering is we’re too far out (29km south from Brisbane CBD) for everyone I’ve contacted (or attempted to) to fit in their coverage ‘umbrella’

Location is very handy to use as a hub for The Worlds, GC, Bayside area of CBD.

Happy to chat, oh for wun sev ate for too tre tre tre

cheers

Greg

Michael2998
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Hi all

Has anyone had issues with Brisbane City Council regarding AirBnb use (whole property)?  We just received a breach notice from BCC due to a complaint.  We have had a resident in the area that has not liked us doing this for quite some time but hide behind a keyboard.

Two weeks ago, we had council officers come to the house asking our guest lots of questions.

Does anyone know what their process is with non compliance to their notices.  Are there fines?

Michael

Hi Michael, there are others on here that have had this experience with BCC.  Scroll back through the posts and you'll see comments and discussion about it.