BugReport - PrepTime Settings not being applied - in some instances

Toni3913
Level 2
United States

BugReport - PrepTime Settings not being applied - in some instances

PLEASE PLEASE Someone help.
The most recent incidentThe most recent incidentThe previous incidentThe previous incident

I have been trying for 2 months to get someone to look at and resolve this BUG.  Airbnb CS use to be really helpful.  Now it is scripts and bottom line, "there is nothing I can do".

THE SOFTWARE BUG Airbnb has, has happened for the 3rd time. I called and spoke to someone last night with a promise that a supervisor would call and I called and spoke to Jose and he said he would escalate this problem to a supervisor, no call.

Here is a screen shot of the BUG! There are ZERO prep days between the booking and request for booking on April 30th - there should be 2 prep days. I have setting of 1 day prep time.

So that means 1 prep day after check-our AND 1 prep day before checkin. Again there are ZERO days. THIS IS A BUG. I have been asking Airbnb to fix it for 2 months. It has happened 3 times. I have spent probably 10 hours on the phone with CS.

When it happens I have 24 hours to accept or decline the request. I can't turn over this listing in less than 2 days with the COVID-19 cleaning procedures, which I am happy to do.

So in order to not get a negative in my account I have to decline the reservation. But if I get many reservation declines my ranking and status will be negatively effective.

When I decline the reservation the bug is no longer visible on the calendar because the request no longer appears on the calendar.

What do I have to do to get this bug addressed and fixed?

Also I have asked at least 5 times..

"I would like
1) an appointment with 2nd level support
2) an appointment with a customer service manager."

In PDT zone.

Nothing has happened.

Two months later the bug is still there and I am no further along to getting it looked at and fixed.

Please help.

Thanks,

Toni

8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Toni3913  Probably dumb question, but have you tried first clearing your cache and cookies, then turned off the prep time setting and then turned it back on, to see if that might reset it?

Hi Sarah;  @Sarah977 
Thanks for the thought.  I think cache and cookies are a render thing.  Yes it can help update how something is displayed. I truly believe this is a back-end logic bug.  It "physical" is set in the back-end calendar. Physically 1 person was allowed to check in on the same day one person was checking out.  It is a weird issue and some code guru at Airbnb I am sure can fix this in a jiffy.  🙂

Jennifer1773
Level 10
Brevard, NC

Hi @Toni3913 , I could totally be misreading your issue, but from my experience I think the following might fix it... (1) change your advance notice setting to "at least 2 days notice" and (2) change your preparation time to "block 2 nights before and after each reservation."  Those are my settings and that has worked for me so far. The "block 2 nights before and after each reservation" has not equaled 4 nights between reservations, but they overlap and equal a minimum of 2 nights between reservations which seems to be what you are hoping for... I had to play around with it for a while before I found what worked for me. Hope this helps!

@Jennifer1773  But she doesn't want 2 days blocked between bookings, she only wants one. There's no reason that shouldn't work properly, and 1 day prep time is what I have always used as well, and I've never had the issue she's experiencing. 

If you look at her screenshots, you'll see that she also uses the advance notice option.

Hey Jennifer;  @Jennifer1773  Thanks very much for the reply.
Interesting workaround 😉
It is funny though, these setting have worked for a long time in the past.  Airbnb did a software update over this past year and the settings that have always worked stopped working correctly in February 2021. They also got rid of categories of pricing - such as I had set a shoulder season with a percentage decrease.  That went away and now it's a huge hassle.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Toni3913 

As @Jennifer1773  point it out correctly.

You may consider to give a try.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Toni3913 We have Instant Book turned on with a minimum notice period of 1 day before a booking is allowed. We also have ticked the box that allows a booking request to be sent if there is less than 1 days notice.

I wonder if Airbnb think they are helping you by giving you an opportunity to override your prep time settings wether or not you have IB on.

Hi Mike and Jane; @Mike-And-Jane0  Thank-you very much for the reply.
I have a cleaning person that has to get at least 2 day notice, so I need that prep-time.  Also since this is a working ranch - I need at least 1 day notice to ensure that I am not in the middle of some project that would make a guest's stay less enjoyable.
The thing that is strange is it use to work flawlessly until the last Airbnb software update.  I really think it is a logic bug.  If then else, if then else, if then else - chained logic code.  LOL

I am hoping that someone can spot this and ask someone to look at it on the backend. (Pretty Please)  🙂
Cheers,
Toni