Burn damage to kitchen worktop

Stuart-And-Kate0
Level 1
Saint-Paul-de-Fenouillet, France

Burn damage to kitchen worktop

We have an open case for a damaged work top, Airbnb case manager Jack has told us that they can't pay out as it is still usable WTF.

So effectively what they are saying is it's ok to damage and brake things but if they are still usable there is no claim.

I really do feel that hosts are not looked after correctly!

3 Replies 3
Aogán0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Stuart-And-Kate0,

From the number of conversations I've read on here, it's fair to say that Airbnb is HEAVILY weighted in favour of guests. They've clearly made the decision that the drive their revenue stream, so to make all decisions in favour of them. However, with no hosts, their revenue will dry up pretty quickly. I can only hope they seriously rebalance things, and soon 😞 I hope you can get your worktop fixed at a reasonable cost. The 'deposit' system clearly does not work for hosts...

Stuart-And-Kate0
Level 1
Saint-Paul-de-Fenouillet, France

Thanks, the guest involved also over occupied, on the day of check out there were 5 men in a 1 bed apartment. Airbnb have said they will not compensate for over occupancy as we have not stated an over occupancy rate, surly this would then make it exceptable to put lots of bodies into a small residential apartment!

Im getting the impression that Airbnb have worked very hard to wiggle out of there responsibility to the hosts!

Marie6480
Level 1
Walluf, Germany

I just read these posts and I’m very shocked to hear that AirBnB are not caring for their hosts. It’s outrageous that the guests who damage your things can get away with things. Just today saw one guest has burnt my kitchen top and I just contacted AirBnB. I still had not a reply and the guest obviously is refusing to pay the cost. Saying he needs more evidence. What’s there to do?.