Busiest month so far! Lithia Springs Ga.

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Busiest month so far! Lithia Springs Ga.

I've had only 1 unbooked night this july! Over $5k income! I think August will be similar as 13 days are already booked. 

10 Replies 10
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Donald28 Congrats! 

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

I dunno if congrats or SORRY are in order. It's sucked hosting 14 different reservations in 17 days and will certainly suck even more while hosting another 10 different reservations this month. However, I do enjoy the income. Is it worth it the hassle and loss of privacy? I dunno. 

@Donald28 The extra income is so nice but host burnout is real!

It totally is. BTW, I'm from Gorham! 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Donald28 well I hope you figure out soon 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wowzer! That's a busy month, @Donald28. I hope it's all going well. 

I hope you are planning a nice trip somewhere to relax? 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I cant go anywhere. I have to stay home and take care of my airbnb guests. LOL! 

@Donald28  Hi Donald! I live in Lithia Springs and I'm trying to get my house ready to rent, but Douglas County is making it almost impossible.  The Fire Marshal is saying that I need to have a Special Use Permit, and in order to get that, I have to install a fire sprinkler system w/ alarms and lighted signs all throughout my house! I finally was able to get 1 quote after calling 6 different companies (because no one wants to install sprinkler systems in residential homes).  The quote was around $30K and that didn't include hiring a plumber to run the lines or the electrician to install lighted fire signs, and it also didn't include $5K to pay the water dept to hook up to the fire hydrant!  I planned on starting an LLC with the State but was going to do that after I got the County Business License. Now I don't know what to do!  I would greatly appreciate any advice or knowledge you have about renting in our area, if you don't mind offering that.  Thanks for your time!    

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Diane1282 

Diane, Donald made this post back in July 2019, and since that post the Douglas County local government authority have implemented a considerable number of rule changes with regard to short term renting......just as have a lot of councils around the world!

I would not take too much notice of anything you read here on the CC if it is not current. In your situation I would approach your local Douglas County office and ask them for a list of requirements you will need to follow in order to host.....get it straight from the horses mouth Diane, don't rely on something that might have been applicable years ago.

Cheers.....Rob 

Just as much faith as in 3 years old weather forecast