Business Profile page

Doreen16
Level 2
Kingston, Jamaica

Business Profile page

Airbnb gives us a business profile page which looks a bit like one's facebook page. Anyway all I am able to do with it is add a profile photo.

Is this an unfinished feature? Can anyone advise?

Doreen

Doreen
15 Replies 15
Mary-Clare1
Level 1
Belfast, United Kingdom

Yes, I haven't worked out what I can do either. I've been invited to create a page but do t know how this is going to help me?

Jayesh0
Level 10
Urangan, Australia

@Doreen16 @Mary-Clare1

I did the activation yesterday and took a moment to try to figure this out today.  When I tried to share via email there was a response sent but the link was not provided.  I called Customer Service to ask for more info.

This is a business profile page.  You are supposed to have a minimum of 3 listings in order to be invited to participate.  There is no real visible purpose as it cannot be found by others on the internet.  There is no link to it on your listing nor on your profile page.  It is strictly a marketing tool that is only visible if you share it. 

The only way anyone can see this page is if you send it via the links to Facebook, Twitter, Email, Messenger or by copying the link and sending it as you choose.  The one advantage is that when you get a guest enquriy or request and you feel that they may be more suited to a different property that you list, the system will allow the URL to go through the message system.  The guest can then access the other listings without having to click on the profile photo and look for them.  

They think this new feature may be functioning in another 2-3 days and there is a plan to send out another email when it is fully up and running.  The customer service representative that I spoke with said they are welcoming and noting suggestions about this feature at the moment.  

If there are any hosts out there who want  business listings segregated or notably different on the site, now would be a good time to voice a desire to see this tool expanded in the future to make the difference visible on the public page.  Not saying it's going to happen any time soon but this is the first real oportunity to plant a potentially viable seed that could be integrated into this new feature.

I think it is not much on its own as it stands now but it could be developed in the future into a really great feature that would work to everyone's benefit.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I know this topic was from a year ago but I just found it in the Help Center and have a question..  

On the shareable Listings page it asks you to upload a cover photo.  I did, hit Publish, and it looks fine, but when I copy the url address or hit the Facebook hare button, the image doesn't appear.  It's a grey "no image available".   

I don't suppose anyone knows if this is not functioning at all or if it's just a problem with me (entirely possible)?   I've seen another host share that page and it does show the cover photo.  

Thanks!  

Victoria

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Victoria46 ,

I can see the cover photo on your hompage (it's a scene with a water fall in the middle):

https://www.airbnb.com/users/8166524/listings

Oh well that's very helpful; dank je.  I can see it on my AirBnB page, but when I post the link on Facebook, the image disappears.  😕 

I appreicate the response and that you checked my page to test it.  🙂  

Victoria

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi @Victoria46 , 

I have my Airbnb homepage posted on my facebook, and the cover photo is displayed !

So i tried to post YOUR homepage, and indeed: image is not there !

The only reason i can think about is that the size of your image (in bytes) is too large for facebook-postings.

Best regards, Emiel

Hm...  I has the same thought and about an hour ago I made the image smaller - the recommended 1200 px wide.  Still no luck.  

Thanks for trying.  🙂  🙂 

Vic

Hey @Emiel1

I figured it out finally!  If I go to Share, then Copy Link, the link is different than if you copy the url or hit the Facebook share button.  It works!  🙂

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

Yeah there really needs to be a way to add a Big Obvious Button to the regular listings that says see all listings at this property or see all listings with this host(preferably optionable all the ways i mentioned, either button there or invisible, and this propery or this host).  Also, a way to order the listings.

Francisco3
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

If we are going to promote it, then I think that we if the lead comes from us promoting it should have different fee structure. Othewise I will just send them to my own listing page where I save 3% and guest save up to 13%.

Prue0
Level 6
Bristol, United Kingdom

Are you going to pay for all the ads too? And the website? etc etc.... 3% is a bargain

Prue, 

I'd agree with you if the AirBnB website and App were fully functional!  Their published annual net is over $1 billion and I really wish they'd get their website in shape, and not extort their hosts by making us pay for the new Plus rating.    The company is losing a lot of loyalty.  

Victoria

David526
Level 2
La Romana, Dominican Republic

I activated the business profile page and now when I change any details on any of my listings the individual listings no longer change the update date since I activated the business profile page.  So all my listing appear older and not updated with any current information.  There doesn't seem to be any way to go back either.   Might be useful in the future.  For now the disadvantages outweight the benefits.

Alex521
Level 2
Burlingame, CA

I am interested to learn more about the profile page for a Business Profile.