Business ready or not. Airbnb please make up your mind.

Business ready or not. Airbnb please make up your mind.

I keep getting conflicting emails from Airbnb.

Yesterday I received an email with the subject line "Your space is Business Travel Ready" And it said: 

"Hi Abrasha & Maria,
You’ve done what it takes to make a space Business Travel Ready. Your listing now has a briefcase badge so business travelers can find it easily.
Thanks,
The Airbnb Team"

And today I received an email with the following subject line: "Get ready to welcome business travelers". And it said: 

"Hi Abrasha & Maria,
We’re connecting companies with Airbnb for Business to make Airbnb stays an option for business travelers, and it looks like your listing, Potrero Hill Modern 1 BR Apartment with Views., is almost Business Travel Ready.
With just a few extra touches like a laptop-ready workspace, a hairdryer, and an iron, you’ll be ready for your Business Travel Ready badge."

So, which is it? Is our listing business ready or not? If it is why do I keep receiving conflicting information from Airbnb? 

7 Replies 7
Mark26
Level 10
Melbourne Beach, FL

Yes... Your listing shows that you are Business Travel Ready.

Tomorrow you will receive another mailing from AirBnB advising you that your rates are way too high, and you need to lower them if you want to attract more guests.  You can message them back, and tell them that THEY are Way Too High, and need to put down the pipe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The space

One bedroom newly remodeled apartment in a unique Eichler style "mid-century modern" building. One of our friends calls our house "The James Bond House" (the Sean Connery years)

The apartment has a private deck with views of downtown San Francisco, the Bay, the Bay Bridge as well as Oakland and Berkeley.

Contact host

Business travel

This listing has essential business travel amenities. Learn more

Amenities

Kitchen

Wireless Internet

Buzzer/wireless intercom

Essentials

Catherine674
Level 1
Athens, Greece

I only have gmail and yahoo email addresses, what do I have to do to create a work email?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Get an email address related to your work, mostly an address at the Internet-domain of your company or organisation. Addresses at Yahoo, Gmail etc..  will not be considered as serious business email addresses.  Best regards,Emiel

@Catherine674, if you are a host trying to make your listing Business Travel Ready, you do NOT need a work/business email address.

The page you are looking at regarding Business Travel that requires a business email is for GUESTS, not HOSTS.

Hosts need to prepare their listing so that they have the correct amenities for business travel.

Your existing email address if just fine, and has nothing to do with making your listing Business Travel Ready.

I have had issues with being travel ready and then not....? Not sure what I should do.

@Vickie-And-Rachia0, what kind of issues did you have?

Same as the original post. Think we have figured it out...we need to have a keyless entry. Haven’t made that jump yet, but really really close to switching!!! Thanks.