Business trip full refund decided by AirBnB without my authorisation.

Igor38
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Business trip full refund decided by AirBnB without my authorisation.

Hi all,

never wrote in here before.

If I decide to do so now is because recently I had really unpleasant experience with a cancellation last minute.

I never update my cancellation policy since I set up a strict cancellation policy.

Recently I had a call from AirBnB, I was busy driving and the connection was really bad. I did ask AirBnB operator to email me.

Once at home with my big surprise I found out Business Guest (what I have been told later by AirBnB) cancel at the really last minute.

I tought ok no problem my loss of booking it will be cover by strict cancellation policy.

NO WAY !

Apparently AirBnB without my consent and ignoring my cancellation policy decided to fully refund this VIP business guest.

No I'm struggling to find a solution with AirBnB.

really despicable ! I see lately AirBnB customer service is getting worst and worst.

Anyone that got same experience in here ? How did you manage ? What it was the outcome of your experience ?

Thanks in advance to everyone that will comment either share them experiences.

1 Reply 1
Amy-and-Brian0
Level 10
Orlando, FL

We too have "Strict" on, because our condo is right next to Disney World and we literally turn away 3 requests to book for every reservation we get. (We have our own website as well as list on several other platforms)
We had a cancellation from a guest who called AirBnB directly just a day before his vacation. They didn't cancel with us or the app or even message us. They called directly and invoked the "Extenuating circumstances" clause. AirBnB just sent an email saying "you will get nothing" and that was that. We have no idea why they cancelled nor if it was even legit. It blew up our calendar and the next guest booked via AirBnB (at a fraction of the cost because that's the only way to get last minute people in) almost set our condo on fire. Which they denied - even tho there were photos and documented discussions in the app. AirBnB even sided with them when we asked for a cleaning fee increase to get rid of the burned stuff and smoke.

It's looking more and more like owners are nothing more than faceless commodities.