Busy Season. Listings over 200 reviews. The entire account is receving no bookings for last 1 month

S31
Level 3
Boston, MA

Busy Season. Listings over 200 reviews. The entire account is receving no bookings for last 1 month

I have been a host for several years. Airbnb bookings this year has been very on and off. I have noticed some trends.

The moment I take a long booking for one of my listings, I will stop getting booking inquiries for the longest time.

I will go through a spurt of getting inquiries back to back and I accept, accept, accept and then I stop getting inquiries for over 20 days. Airbnb says the more you accept the more you get bookings. I haven't found this to be true.

Right now several of my listings have not received a single booking request for over 30 days. I have contacted airbnb several times to look into this as I seriously think to be a technical glitch that puts people like me under so much financial stress. This year airbnb has acted up so many times that my revenue is completely affected. Do you have any suggestions? Please take a look at my listing and please tell me what is going on here. If you like my listing, please favorite it and lets see what happens as I am really concerned.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2244415?preview_for_ml

5 Replies 5
Lisa367
Level 10
Catania, Italy

same thing with us as well.  we were booked solid from july-august (been hosting 2 years now) and then sept, almost nothing.  i think its airbnb's algorithm.  i think they are favoring newer listings over older, experienced listings, which is just plain wrong.  the longer someone hosts the more likely they will continue to host and they are the ones who bring airbnb the most money.  in addition, listings that have been around for awhile are usually a guarantee that the guest will have a good stay.  with new listings, its up in the air.  airbnb should be favoring people with over 10 reviews.

True I think this is very true Lisa.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@S31 I think maybe you have been "chosen" for not having IB activated.  Happened to me and to many other experienced hosts/Super Hosts last year around this time. I listed on a different platform.

@Lisa367

I have seen this in France with a property I manage. First time ever, there are no bookings in September.

@Marit0 Anne 

What do you mean by "you may have been chosen". I definitely don't have instant booking on because I had a choice to do that for specific dates I would have done that but my entire calendar going on instant booking is just not practical for me. 

@Marit0 Anne 

What do you mean by, 'you may have been chosen' . I definitely don't have instant booking on because I had a choice to do that for specific dates I would have done that but my entire calendar going on instant booking is just not practical for me.