CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Airbnb renters accused of stealing TVs, more from home

Michele722
Level 2
Fresno, CA

CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Airbnb renters accused of stealing TVs, more from home

Wow.. I just saw this on this news. 

Absolutely terrible for host do deal with after we open our homes up to people 

Airbnb please please do a better job of screening- I dread the day happens to me 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsbtv.com/amp/news/local/caught-on-camera-airbnb-renters-accused-of...

6 Replies 6
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Michele722  Yeah saw it in the news yesterday - viral video made the news and is now subject to a criminal investigation.  It's been posted all over Facebook, including in the Airbnb Guest Blacklist forum.

Java1
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

I have told Airbnb about this Credit Card crew here in Atlanta SOOOO many times. They have personally robbed or destroyed my places over 10 times. They only choose homes with Self check options. I am highly upset that Trust and Saftey has not stopped them yet.

Adam645
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

Holy smokes! Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely think twice about letting newer customers into my rental from now on.

Rebecca0
Level 10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

@Ben551  "including in the Airbnb Guest Blacklist forum"   

The what..?  You just throw that in there?  Search results reveal nothing except a possible Facebook group.    You won't be able to share the link on here, obviously, but perhaps you could give some clues to this font of knowledge?

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Rebecca0  lol I wondered if someone would notice... tralalalala *cough* ...AirBnB Guests Blacklist FB group... *cough*.. man, I need a drink of water 😄

Rebecca0
Level 10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Ha!  I think I'll probably pass on that group.....  there's enough negativity on here to last a lifetime!

Although I might check out the other search result: a show called The Blacklist where airbnb was mentioned.  Is it any good,  do you know?