CHANGING ID FROM UK TO BRAZIL FOR PAYOUT IN BRAZIL

Timothy131
Level 2
São Paulo, Brazil

CHANGING ID FROM UK TO BRAZIL FOR PAYOUT IN BRAZIL

Hi I host a property in Brazil which is a registered commercial enterprise in Brazil. My payouts used to be sent to The UK  but I have recently moved  to Brazil am resident here. I have a Brazilian ID card bank accounts and cnpj for the business. I need to change my payout destination to a Brazilian business account but the Air BNB drop down menu of available countries does not include Brazil. After questioning this with Air bnb it turns out the system automatically decides where you are resident by the ID you are registered with. Due to Brazilian law that precludes them from allowing someone without a Brazilian ID to receive funds in Brazil, pretty standard as you cant open a bank account here with out one. So I am told that to change my ID to a Brazilian one  I must first remove the UK ID. However on doing this the system automatically cancels all your reservations !! I have been round in huge circles with Air BNB support and can find no answer to this solution. Having spoken to my guests and explained the situation they are happy to re book with me if the system drops them out. However I'm not confident that Air Bnb wont pull some kind of trick to charge them or myself a penalty or even block out my calendar. Having had a few issues recently as a guest and a host Ive realised how little Air BNB actually care about either. Has anyone else had a similar problem or knows how to overcome this one ?

16 Replies 16
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Timothy131  I don't know if this is possible, but is there a way to enter the new info without deleting the old, then set the new info to default? 

Airbnb reps are largely outsourced, know-nothings who give out faulty or incomplete information. Hopefully another host who has been through this can advise you. 

Timothy131
Level 2
São Paulo, Brazil

Hi Sarah thanks for your response but alas that was the first thing I thought of but you have to delete your ID before you can enter a new one

I also had to delete my previous ID and resent my Brazilian one. 

As info: When I was talking to the first line support at Airbnb it has been said they (support) did not have access to my ID so they could not confirm which ID they had there (I hold double nationality) and that document  ‘just’ a way to have a valid identity. 

Nuria171
Level 2
Armação dos Búzios, Brazil

I have the same problem !!! 

Hi Nuria

There is no way to do it. I was forced to cancel my air bnb account and all my reservations. I had to inform my guests before hand  and fortunately all my guests re booked through booking.com

Nuria171
Level 2
Armação dos Búzios, Brazil

Finally , Brazil appears in The list ! 

I change my document id ( attached Brazilian resident) and contacted Airbnb . 

I do live in Brazil .. 

Thanks everyone. 

You have change ALL your personal information . And in 24 hours it appears 

I could not find Brazil in the list to add payment method anymore.

Support team Airbnb explained as below and it worked for me:

”I order to change the Country of residence on the User account, the following details should match the Country User is identifying as their COR: 1. ID on the account

2. Payment method/ Payout method

3. Phone number on the account

I would request you to kindly change the details on your account as mentioned above for me to change your COR to Brazil.”  

So, I uploaded my Brazilian ID (again) and added a Brazilian mobile number.  

Note: they will send you a sms to verify the mobile.

Note2: At the moment I’ve changed my ID there was a guest staying in my house - everything was ok, current reservation ok!  BUT I’ve read that deleting your current ID may cancel your upcoming reservations (reservations to be canceled automatically if you remove your ID). So… extra attention there!     

After notifying the support/helpdesk they were able to set my COR as Brazil and after a while I could see BR in the list finally! And then able to set up my payment method using a Brazilian bank account.   Hope it helps!!  

Hello Roberta, I am repeating my question to Nuria, hopefully you can help to 🙂

After changing your personal information, did they automatically deleted upcoming payouts and upcoming reservations ?  Also, now there is only "Brazil" as a payout method or do you have other choices of country too?

Helo @Nuria171 .. After changing your personal information, did they automatically deleted upcoming payouts and upcoming reservations ?  Also, now there is only "Brazil" as a payout method or do you have other choices of country too?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Paulo928 ,

Is there any specific issue you are dealing with? It would be nice if you could elaborate on your concern a bit.

Have you also managed to contact Airbnb Support to know more about this issue?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Yes Bhumika, thanks for replying so quickly. I am speaking to the support and trying to get ideas on what can be done. They are being very helpful so far and I am sure we wil find a solution 🙂

I was suggested to change my country of residence, but I don't want to risk of loosing existing reviews or future reservations. Do you know if this will happen? Also, I want to keep receiving my existing listing revenue in Canada, as usual, but my new listing to receive in the Brazilian bank account.

Thanks in advance. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks @Paulo928 for the prompt response! Do let us know how it goes and if you need any help, please feel free to connect with us on Community Center.

Hope this gets resolved for you soon!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thnaks Bhumika, I actually edited my question to give you more info, basically this was missing:

I was suggested to change my country of residence, but I don't want to risk of loosing existing reviews or future reservations. Do you know if this will happen? Also, I want to keep receiving my existing listing revenue in Canada, as usual, but my new listing to receive in the Brazilian bank account

Cheers 🙂