CLEARWATER/DUNEDIN FLORIDA SUMMER BOOKINGS...DO THEY DECREASE?

Dane8
Level 2
Dunedin, FL

CLEARWATER/DUNEDIN FLORIDA SUMMER BOOKINGS...DO THEY DECREASE?

THIS WILL BE MY FIRST SUMMER DOING AIRBNB IN FLORIDA.  HAVE BEEN FULLY BOOKED SINCE STARTED WHEN MATTHEW HIT.  CURIOUS IF BOOKINGS DROP OFF DURING JULY-SEPT OR WHENEVER. IT GETS SO HOT/HUMID!  IF SO, I WILL BLOCK THOSE MONTHS AND TAKE A TRIP OR TWO.  I'M ON BORDER OF DUNEDIN/CLEARWATER ONE BLOCK FROM THE BAY IN A GREAT 1925 SPANISH HOUSE ON 1/2 ACRE WITH A POOL ETC. BEEN FULLY BOOKED BUT WONDER WHAT'S COMING.  THANKS

3 Replies 3
Nancy353
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi Dane,  I'm curious as to what you found out about July and August and if you've been booked about in Sept. I'm a super host living in Los Angeles and have a condo in Big Bear Lake near a ski resort. The short-term rentals are very seasonal and I have been thinking of selling that and doing an Airbnb on on the west coast of Florida where I may retire. I was wondering how seasonal or year-round the Airbnb traffic is there and also what the laws are in that area concerning short term rentals. Any information you can pass along would be helpful.

Mike-And-Kathy0
Level 2
Watertown, NY

We have an ABNB in the Dunedin area for the past 4 years. We are pretty busy all year around. A lot of locals seen to book in the Summer months to ck out the beach. Locals being guest for the east cost of FL, SC, GA.

Hi Mike and Kathy I have a new place in Clearwater that Ive been getting ready to Airbnb only to find out about the 31 day regulations. How is it that I see many home listed in CW for under the 30 days? What’s the stratagem ? I think it may be different in Dunedin?