COMPULSORY enhanced cleaning protocol unrealistic for many

Belinda55
Level 10
Bundeena, Australia

COMPULSORY enhanced cleaning protocol unrealistic for many

Dear Airbnb,

Please quit your paternalistic and bullying ‘one size fits all’ policies. There are many locations in the world with little or no community COVID infections, so to coerce hosts (by threatening blocking of calendar and bookings) into complying with a global policy is both unrealistic and unfair.
There are no other booking platforms doing this! Hosts are able to comply with local regulations and requirements and do not need this heavy-handedness from you. I have been a Superhost, with a perfect record on cleanliness, for 7 years straight, and am insulted and offended by your approach. Talk about ‘biting the hand‘ ... we are now planning to prioritise other booking platforms.

237 Replies 237

@Sarah977    That doesn't lead to any place to "opt in", for me. It goes in circles to the same pages - the cleaning, resources and supplies pages. 

I also have seen no full page or banner invite to opt in. 

Also, the page that was under my Performance tab that said "Opt into the ECP 5-step process"  (that didn't go to any opt in button or page, just to cleaning, resources, and supplies) has disappeared. 

@Katie 

@Sarah977 I have done all you suggest and looked at every bit of information/watched the videos BUT I can't find where to signup.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

It appears that Airbnb has removed the "Get Started" link from the article, as well as the pop-up page, the banner, and the page under the Performance tab.  

@Sarah977 @Michelle53 @Mike-And-Jane0 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Debra300 @Mike-And-Jane0 @Michelle53 @Sarah977 

Thanks for sharing this guys, we have asked the team why you might not be able to access this (it should have been rolled out to everyone now). I'll let you know as soon as we hear back 😊

@Katie  Wondering why you only ever respond to people who are trying to access the Accept  protocol link, not those who are complaining about your policy?!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Belinda55, thanks for the tag here, and I'm happy to explain. I appreciate your responses to the recent updates, and the fact that you have tagged me in some of them - they are certainly useful feedback that I can share with the team.

However, as yet I have no new updates or changes to report to you, hence why I have not been replying directly to all of your comments. I have replied a few times on the original Host Update thread (where I tagged you), to explain that we are passing on all of your comments and queries, and as soon as I do have something to share then I will of course do so. 

For the time being, I have been trying to respond to those queries that I am able to help with more immediately. 

I hope this helps to clarify, but if you still have questions then please do let me know, or send me a DM 😊

@Katie i don't have the option either. I have run circles trying to find the way to opt in for my 1 (out of 4) listing that isn't opted in yet.  There's absolutely no way for me to find it. 

@Katie  My sign-up page appeared this morning.  Thanks !

@Debra300@Mike-And-Jane0 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

And mine 😞

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Michelle53 

It appeared for me today, also.

@Debra300

Banner still appearing for me ...

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

There are search features everywhere, at the top of this community's page, global search engine like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.  Yet free-minded capitalists would rather rely upon the recommendations/suggestions of those from a collective instead of taking the initiative and doing their own research. 

@Terri261 @Sarah977 @Lisa723 @Belinda55 @Anonymous 

Terri261
Level 2
Kuna, ID

I'm searching for another platform that doesn't believe in communism.  Please let me know if anyone is a different one that I can switch to.  TIA!

@Terri261 communism? Pretty much by definition no STR platform believes in communism.

Good grief, I believe she was being fascitious as to the heavy handeness of these policies for property Airbnb does not OWN.  I have now noticed that they are no longer prompting me about an upcoming reservation as they used to. When I try and go to my calendar all I get is that 'demand' that I sign up for this cleaning protocol.  Interesting. So now they are trying to cooerce me by blocking access to my calendar.  Eventually you can keep clicking and you can get there but it's very disrespectful and definitely 'communistic' in the control aspect.  I clean my self contained cabin meticulously. Always have. I've not a child. I am a small businessperson. My cabin is NOT self check in as it is unique on purpose. I am surround by 1,000's of acres of mountain wilderness. My surround counties and mine are very minimally affected by the virus. I DO NOT wear a mask ANYWHERE