CORONOVIRUS AND THE AIRBNB RESPONSE VIS A VIS HOSTS..............

Carol302
Level 7
Winchcombe, GB

CORONOVIRUS AND THE AIRBNB RESPONSE VIS A VIS HOSTS..............

....................and yes, you knew it was going to be disappointing!!!!

I have just asked Airbnb Help about temperature testing guests on the doorstep. A really wishy washy response -pretty hopeless really. What do we do if they DO have a raised temperature bearing in mind that people are infectious BEFORE they show symptoms? And what about the punitive [to hosts] cancellation policy if we are worried???? Hopeless. Totally lame and hopeless. I'm NOT panicking but this is going to get worse before it gets better.

Here are my questions for Airbnb Help which I am sure all hosts will understand, followed by the Airbnb Help person's reply:

MY QUESTION TO AIRBNB -

CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC.
i would like you to refer these questions to your management. I do not expect you personally to have any answers BUT this is a very important issue, which I would have hoped Airbnb would have already addressed.
In the absence of this I would like to know:
1. The Airbnb policy for HOSTS in dealing with the current worldwide situation regarding Coronavirus.
2. Can we temperature test visitors before they enter our homes?
3. Will you relax your punitive cancellation policy VIS A VIS HOSTS (not guests) in view of the current and fast-changing situation?
4. How can you help us HOSTS?
At the moment we are expected to welcome into our homes, share common spaces eg bathrooms with random people from literally all over the world about whom we know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL. How can you help us HOSTS with this? The passage of a constant stream of guests through the same sleeping/bathing/cooking spaces presents an ideal breeding ground for the virus and ideal conditions for transference.
I would like prompt, comprehensive and meaningful answers to these questions. I feel you do owe this to us the  HOSTS.

AIRBNB REPLY -

I would like to inform you that we currently do not have such update with providing equipment in this situation.
However, if you've the equipment, you can definitely test (temperature) any visitors before they enter your homes. To make it more easy for your guests, you can simply mention it to your listing's description.

In the meantime, I've just shared your feedback about this equipement to our support team to check the details and let us know.

30 Replies 30

Feeling a bit foolish now are we?!