COVID 19 SHOTS REQUIRED

Answered!

COVID 19 SHOTS REQUIRED

Can I state on my listing that "Proof of COVID 19 Shots are Required" or is that not allowed?

I tried looking for this, but did not find anything on that particular question.

Thanks.

Priscilla150

1 Best Answer
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Priscilla150, your house, your rules. Given that your listing is your own home, I think it's reasonable to require proof of vaccination. I do think you need to be specific about COVID-19 vaccination, however, because 'proof of vaccination' is a bit ambiguous. You could say something like, 'all guests will need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination'. However, you still need to protect yourself because vaccination doesn't give 100% protection, especially against the delta strain.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Priscilla150 

Maybe "proof of vaccination" sounds more friendly, after all we are in the hospitallity business :>)

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Priscilla150, your house, your rules. Given that your listing is your own home, I think it's reasonable to require proof of vaccination. I do think you need to be specific about COVID-19 vaccination, however, because 'proof of vaccination' is a bit ambiguous. You could say something like, 'all guests will need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination'. However, you still need to protect yourself because vaccination doesn't give 100% protection, especially against the delta strain.

Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

@Priscilla150 @Emiel1 @Kath9  
I don't house share, so this is not an issue for me, but I do see this as the next Airbnb guideline to come...

AIRBNB- Is your house pet-friendly?

You "NO"

AIRBNB- You must allow pets, file a claim if there is damage. 

AirBNB- Is your house suitable for infants?

You "NO"

AIRBNB -Children under two do not count as guests.

AIRBNB-Is your house COVID-friendly?

You - "NO"

AIRBNB- All unvaccinated are welcome in your shared space.