CS bizarre schedule

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

CS bizarre schedule

Has anyone else experience the really odd schedule of CS reps? They start answering the thread but then announce they will be off for a while and the "while" lasts for about two weeks. How can it make sense to hire a team that works once every two weeks? How can you train someone this way. Yes, yes, I know they are not really trained but I am sure Airbnb thinks they are. It has happened three times now so not a fluke.

First time a guest was asking for a post stay discount so I did not care how long the back and fourth lasted (two months, which I am sure was not making the guest any happier). Now I am in a help thread about my host fee issue (being charged 15% instead of 3%). First rep headed off "for a while" about 10 days ago and nowhere to be found. A new one stepped in just to say he was taking off.

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Inna22  I don't necessarily believe they are off work for a week or that they have 2 days off right after giving you a perfunctory answer. I think it's just a way for them to put your issue on the back burner or the bottom of the pile or ignore it completely. In other words, they are just lying. Much like when they assure hosts or guests they'll get a call back in 30 minutes, when in fact no one ever calls back.

@Sarah977 ......or when they say "I understand, I also am a host".

And I agree, it's like some kind of an avoidance tactic.

@Sarah977 it did not even cross my mind that they were just making it up. I am so naïve! 

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

I get that a lot now. In fact CS almost always says something like that, but invariably disappears and then the ticket is closed. 

Perhaps it's the "bot" doing this?