CUSTOM MINIMUM STAYS SETTING

Ian20
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

CUSTOM MINIMUM STAYS SETTING

Hi Everyone!

I have three properties listed at here at Airbnb.

We have set the default minimum stay to 3 Nights for all.

But in the Summer Season we have a 7 Night minium stay policy (Friday to Friday) .

I have entered this into the 'Availability Settings' along with the Summer Season 'Specific Dates' and specific check-in day.

However, when I go to the listing's calendar the mimium stay for the Summer Season is still displayed to guests as 3 NIGHTS, although the actual booking is correctly set to weekly Friday to Friday.

I tried changing the default 3 Night Minimum stay to 1, and the same thing happens but with Minimum Stay 1 Night.

It seeems the default 3 Night Minium Stay setting is overriding the manually entered 'Availability Settings'.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any suggestions?

Tried to attach screen shots to this message using the 'insert/edit image' button above, but that seems impossible. If anyone can enlighten me as to how that's supposed to function, I'd be very greateful too! 😉

Looking forward to any feedback...

Thanks,

Ian

4 Replies 4
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Ian20 Just did a quick look at your first listing and it looks like your minimum night stay information is correct.  Yes, your default minimum of 3 nights will be displayed until the guest actually puts in the dates of the reservation at which time, in the summer, it will automatically go to 7 days.  When you have these custom minimum night stays there is a message where the View Calendar link normally is that says "Add your travel dates to see more details".  I think that's the only way Airbnb can handle this.  I also state in my listing description that prices and minimum night stays are variable during the year.  You might do this also. 

As for uploading screen shots, yes, sometimes I get a screen that is unintelligible and sometimes it just asks me to choose a file.  I find that uploading a file or photo is easiest when I do it before writing any texts.  🙂

Hope this answers your question, but if not, send me more questions!

Ian20
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Hi Clare,

Many thanks for your message.

Yes, I've already noticed that. But I just think it's off-putting and confusing for potential guests, and wanted to find out if any other hosts had found a way around it. I also state clearly our short stay, minimum stay terms etc in my lisitng description. Seems to be the only way around some of the blocks thrown in our path by a computer system!

Thanks again for answering!

Best wishes,

Ian

@Ian20 You're absolutely right.  Us hosts have to be clever to  figure out work-arounds in the system in order to get where we want to go.  Someday.....

Kathleen657
Level 2
Millarville, Canada

Hello, I'm also having difficulty with the system in regards to my minimum night stay. It's set up correctly except for the automatic message guests receive when they go to book. This message was composed when I first started hosting and had a 4 night min stay. For the last year, I've had a 3 night min. stay. I'm unable to locate that old message to update it. Air bnb support can't figure it out either. Can anyone help?

Below is a screenshot a guest sent me with the 4 night min message, which is incorrect. It's confusing for guests.

How do I find this old message so I can change it?  It's not in Quick Replies or Scheduled Messages.

Thanks, KathieScreenshot_20220526-111756_Airbnb.jpg