Calendar Changeover Days

Calendar Changeover Days

I can see my question has been asked before in the community, several times, but as this was a while ago I wondered if Airbnb had come up with a solution.

My changeover days are flexible but the whole day is booked off on the listing availability calendar for both arrival and departure. This means potential guests cannot see that they can book from or to these days? Normally changeover days would just be a 'half fill' of those days on the calendar.

Has there been any recent solutions to this? It must be costing hosts and and Airbnb bookings and money.

9 Replies 9
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Sue49 

let say you are booked 2 nights from 5 - 7 day in a month and your guest will check out 7th at 11;00 am.

when people are looking at your calendar then they will see that 5 and 6th day are booked and they can book from 7th on and check in at 2:00 pm . Or they can book until 5th and check out 5th at 11:00am.

if your calendar shows 4th and 7th day also as booked and unavailable for bookings then maybe you blocked 1 day before check in and after check out (some hosts need it for cleaning). If you want back to back bookings then you should set "preparation time " as none

go to host/manage listings/calendar and more/availability settings

Thank you - you made me go back and look at what is in the admin and do a comparison with the published calendar. I always have my calendar set to Prep - None, so that's not the issue.

However I did noticed that for bookings made through Airbnb, the arrival and departure day is marked on the admin calendar but not on the published calendar, allowing it to be booked. BUT if you block off a booking yourself, made elsewhere, the whole day is marked off on the public calendar and cannot be booked. 

I suppose the secret is when blocking off bookings yourself you should not include the arrival or departure day. Very fiddly and confusing. This is why syncing calendars doesn't work either....and why so many complaints. I don't sync calendars so it would have to be manual for me.

Still think that Airbnb should have changeover days as an option when blocking off as the system really only accommodates those that only take bookings through Airbnb and nowhere else. 

Thanks again!

Sarah1987
Level 1
Spalding, United Kingdom

HOW DO i SET MY CALENDER TO BOOK ONLY FRIDAY & MONDAY CHANGEOVERDAYS, PLEASE!

AS I WANT TO OFFER ;

MONDAY- FRIDAY

FRIDAY-MONDAY,

MONDAY-MONDAY

FRIDAY- FRIDAY, BOOKINGS ONLY!

Sarah, did you get a response to this, or figure out how to set changeover dates?  I need to set Saturday as the firm changeover day each week.  The system allows me to specify Saturday as a mandatory check-in day but I can't set a mandatory checkout day or changeover day, so guests can book an eight day holiday and mess up bookings for the following week. Any help gratefully appreciated!

I think you can set a maximum stay of 7 days. Coupled with a Saturday checkin that should work for you. 

Where did you set the mandatory checkin day? I couldn’t find that.

Hi Sarah, 

Wondered if you managed to sort this out? I'm trying to set up something similar on AirBNB but its quite confusing?

Hi @Stuart297 and @Sarah1987 - you can set which days you want to allow check-in by specifying which days you do NOT want to allow check-in.

Go to Listings > Availability, then scroll to Check-in and Checkout and click "Edit". Once there click "specify days of the week when guests can't check-in".  @Sarah1987  in your case you would select every day EXCEPT Monday and Friday.

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 1.50.27 AM.png

Stuart297_0-1606375180422.png

Hi, Thank you for responding so quickly!

Unfortunately I only get the above screen - showing Check In? I can't see the additional CheckOut and links you are showing in your screen shot? I've tried 2 different browsers....

Any thoughts?

Stuart