Calendar Feature Suggestion - if you like it, please help lobby for the idea by writing Airbnb

Calendar Feature Suggestion - if you like it, please help lobby for the idea by writing Airbnb

The new feature allowing you to set length of stays depending on the day of the week is helpful and good for not letting people screw up weekends. However its not quite enough, we are still likely turn off one night stays altogether as they cause major calendar and therefore income issues. In our opinion, the long term solution to one nights stays that we are desperate for and would likely help many hosts is a feature that lets you allow one nights stays ONLY IF THEY ABUT ANOTHER RESERVATION on either end. This completely alleviates one night stays screwing up your calendar on any day of the week and also allows you to take them to fill in your calendar that has lone nights. An example, If I have a random 2 or 3 day reservation, I don't care if a one night stay were to book on either end of the reservation, it would essentially just be an extension of the existing stay, but hate when they book a single day with no other reservation on either end. For example Tues, Wed Thurs are available and someone books Wednesday. Tuesday or Thursday one nighter is great, but Wednesday screws us. It would still keep the calendar clean and not really impact the likelihood of any future stays (chop up your calendar). In addition, I think a lot of people who don't normally accept one night stays would actually begin to using this feature, thereby filling in many more host calendars and increasing Airbnb revenue as well. I feel very strongly about this, please provide to the development team, i think it would be a major improvement to an already great platform.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Drew--Neal--And-Aimee0 

By using rulesets you can already manually achieve this. Apply the minimum 1 night stay to the dates you like to be booked as 1 night

Hi Emiel - that is a good work around but that would require everytime you get a reservation applying a one night rule set to each end of the reservation. It would be quite time consuming, especially if you manage multiple properties.